Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Med 17  (Read 5163 times)
precision

« on: September 19, 2017, 04:47:14 AM »

Hi Guys

Looking at flashing a polo 1.4 6r gti with the Med17 ecu, has anyone done this with a clone Kess v2 without a bench flash? It's hard in my country to get my hands on an orginal Kess but I can get a clone will this work?

Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

THANAS

Yes.

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 08:38:43 AM »

Better pray the flash succeeds because you don't have a plan B if it doesn't.
precision

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »

Okay, I'm sure I asked if it can, I never said im going to unless I know for sure it will work? So can you post something helpful?

H2Deetoo

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 10:40:55 PM »

If you really want to be sure that your specific clone can flash your specific ecu, then buy that clone and buy similar ecu, and simply try.
THANAS

Yes.

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 11:06:00 PM »

If you really want to be sure that your specific clone can flash your specific ecu, then buy that clone and buy similar ecu, and simply try.
No I think he wants us to guess on his behalf as to whether he will have a successful flash or not.  If you trust a clone tool with no backup plan you're just taking an expensive gamble, but please go ahead and let us know. 
precision

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »

No I think he wants us to guess on his behalf as to whether he will have a successful flash or not.  If you trust a clone tool with no backup plan you're just taking an expensive gamble, but please go ahead and let us know. 
No boet what im asking, is if anyone has had experience doing this. Can't you read my question, has anyone dealt with this? That's all im asking. If you haven't dealt with it, don't comment surely because then there is nothing to add. I'm not stupid enough to take a risk like that. Hence why I ask for anyone that's ever been down that road. If I can't use the clone tool then I will continue to flash with my setup now until I can import an orginal Kess.

Thanks for you awesome input bud.

overspeed

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 06:34:05 AM »

playing wirh clones is allways a risk...

I myself have story of sucess and fail with SAME ECU type in SAME model car...

Even with original tool happens time to time, but support may help you (or not in some cases)

example, original KESS with MED17.5 on A3 sportback 2010, read by OBD, when writing it didn´t end Ok... only boot revived ECU, but I made several other A3 with this ECU in the past, and after made lot of other with same modded file and worked fine...

precision

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 09:09:13 AM »

Well in the beginning I used a clone galleto, bricked an ecu for a stupid reason, then bought mpps original. And bench flashed the bricked ecu and then never used the Galletto again.

So I know the risk involved. That's why I'm asking for advice and thanks for the actual solid advice as ecus in my county on expensive and can't just be bought.

So in your opinion the risk is there regardless.
playing wirh clones is allways a risk...

I myself have story of sucess and fail with SAME ECU type in SAME model car...

Even with original tool happens time to time, but support may help you (or not in some cases)

example, original KESS with MED17.5 on A3 sportback 2010, read by OBD, when writing it didn´t end Ok... only boot revived ECU, but I made several other A3 with this ECU in the past, and after made lot of other with same modded file and worked fine...

overspeed

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 04:45:07 PM »

Yes, unfortunately we see a lot of people with trouble flashing MED17.X (and using original tools sometimes)... and if has Tprot with password like MED17.5.2 for example it´s a real nightmare...
eliotroyano

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 06:14:12 PM »

Yes, unfortunately we see a lot of people with trouble flashing MED17.X (and using original tools sometimes)... and if has Tprot with password like MED17.5.2 for example it´s a real nightmare...
Junior MED17 ECUs are really tricky sometimes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: