Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fuel but no spark  (Read 4190 times)
GatisGirdenis

« on: September 30, 2017, 05:52:37 AM »

Hello,
I need assistance in troubleshooting what's going on in my car. I've swapped a 24v vr6 in my mk4 golf. I removed the immo myself and when I went to try and start the car it cranked, sprayed fuel, but as far as I could see there was no spark. Checked the coil-on-plugs, it is grounded at pin1 and pin2, constant power at pin3, not sure how to check pin4. When I read the fault codes it mainly showed that there is no communication between different modules and ecu and occasionally g28 no signal would pop up, but that would come up after cranking and then stopping, but I doubt that that's it, because it's a brand new bosch sensor. Any ideas?
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:51:29 AM »

Hello,
I need assistance in troubleshooting what's going on in my car. I've swapped a 24v vr6 in my mk4 golf. I removed the immo myself and when I went to try and start the car it cranked, sprayed fuel, but as far as I could see there was no spark. Checked the coil-on-plugs, it is grounded at pin1 and pin2, constant power at pin3, not sure how to check pin4. When I read the fault codes it mainly showed that there is no communication between different modules and ecu and occasionally g28 no signal would pop up, but that would come up after cranking and then stopping, but I doubt that that's it, because it's a brand new bosch sensor. Any ideas?

As youre turning the engime over does the tach hold 250rpm? If the tach sits at zero you have no crank pulse. I just swapped a mk4 into a mk3 and i started the car without maf, iat sensor, coolant temp sensor so you shoulnt have a issue unless youre misding power/ ground at some place

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
GatisGirdenis

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »

As youre turning the engime over does the tach hold 250rpm? If the tach sits at zero you have no crank pulse. I just swapped a mk4 into a mk3 and i started the car without maf, iat sensor, coolant temp sensor so you shoulnt have a issue unless youre misding power/ ground at some place

I dont think I remember tach moving at all. As the car is not as easily accessible, I cannot check it at the moment. If there is no pulse, then that would be the G28?
Also what I remember is that one of the communication errors was with TCU, which leads me to believe that the ecu comes from an automatic. That could probably mess things up for me too, couldnt it? I will try to reflash to a manual file on the ecu once i get to the car!
Also every time I power up my ecu, the throttle body starts whining for a minute or two, could it be calibrating? I have connected some stuff straight to battery through a switch for the sake of just starting the car.
GatisGirdenis

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 02:45:41 AM »

G28 actually was indeed wired up incorrectly, mixed up some wires, now it raises to 250rpm, but it still wouldnt start?  Huh
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 07:46:33 AM »

G28 actually was indeed wired up incorrectly, mixed up some wires, now it raises to 250rpm, but it still wouldnt start?  Huh
You may want to checkout elsawin 9r bently for proper wiring. Youve already figuredout you have more then 1 issue. If yoy short one of the wrong wires tje ecu will he toast

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
GatisGirdenis

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 09:18:49 PM »

You may want to checkout elsawin 9r bently for proper wiring. Youve already figuredout you have more then 1 issue. If yoy short one of the wrong wires tje ecu will he toast
I already did it all from the bently, pretty sure everything else should be fine as I was in a hurry with the g28 (and i went with color coding, rather than checking the pinout, dumb mistake), but i will go over it all again when I get the chance.
How would i tell that the ecu would be toast? Could everything else be good, but only some output channels not work?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: