Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME1.5.5  (Read 3717 times)
Brando47

« on: October 10, 2017, 11:38:32 PM »

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the forum and tuning in general, I've made a start with tuning my Astra turbo z20let. I've been reading every single bit of information I can get my hands on, on the forum here as well as elsewhere and made good progress reading and modifying maps, as well as some basic datalogging with OPCOM. So far everything has been almost identical to the myriad of ME7 info that is around including the FR which has been very useful, as well as the damos that is floating around on this forum. However I know I'm going to have more questions so I thought I'd introduce myself and find out if there's anyone willing to give me any information at all that's more specific to the ME1.5.5.

I have been running a generic flash tune from a reputable company for about the past year, which I've recently toyed with combining a couple of the maps they offer that sorted out some issues with boost control that I was having with good results. I'm still yet to make many modifications of my own (other than adding a bit of gargle and pops on overrun) as I lack a very good means of datalogging, other than an AFR gauge I'll be installing soon and the limited info I can get from the OPCOM (as well as only getting about a 3Hz sample rate).

To start with I'm hoping someone can give me some tips on a better way to datalog, either with a better sample rate or access to some more variables. I'm trying really hard to adapt the information here http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2349.0 to the ME1.5.5 and OPCOM which would be an amazing start, I just can't seem to find the measuring blocks anywhere in the stock bin. I'm assuming it must work similarly as even the OPCOM interface looks very similar to VAGCOM and talks of measuring blocks, I'm just not sure if the layout is completely different to the ME7 making it difficult to find. I'll attach the stock bin and a log file (never mind the data itself) which I hope someone will be able to see what I'm working with and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Brando47

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:23:07 AM »

is anyone able to help me find ESKONF? Not sure if I must just have something completely different to the ME7s as I haven't found anything similar, I'm hoping to delete my rear o2
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:37:21 AM »

some ram addresses

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Brando47

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 09:25:29 AM »

I don't think I can use the ME7Logger tool which is highly unfortunate: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=837.msg13517#msg13517
Unless you know of something otherwise? That would actually be fantastic
mbkr89

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 02:00:48 AM »

Opcom is a very good tool for this job
Brando47

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 07:47:22 AM »

It's ok but as I say, it'd be nice to be able to log more variables and RAM addresses like with the ME7 logger or at least be able to change around the measuring blocks. Not to mention have a much higher sample rate. I also don't have a lot of faith in it as some of the measurements are very clearly wrong such as the calculated MAF readings, instead I have to use the measured voltage and run it through MLHFM to get a more reasonable reading.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: