Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Loss of boost...  (Read 5570 times)
masterj

« on: January 06, 2012, 04:16:55 AM »

Hello!  Smiley
Please help me to analyze these logs... Apparently I have a problem with boost, loosing about 2bar with almost completely stock map (no kfmirl/kfmiop and any other torque maps changed only KRTKE and TVUB and disabled cat/sai/o2 according to s4wiki information)!

Please see the attached image and logs. As you see my charge turbo protection limit and engine protection limit is going crazy. Also I can do more logging just tell me what variables to log with me7logger Wink

BTW: This is 1st - 2nd gear pull to the max
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:21:29 AM by masterj » Logged

createddeleted

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:28:30 AM »

I didn't see RPM on the CSV   Cheesy

Pulled this from the S4 Wiki, maybe it'll work for you?

You will throw a 17963 Charge pressure: Maximum limit exceeded code if your boost deviation is too high:
KFDLULS - Delta pressure for overboost protection
If you are running significantly more boost than stock, or you have made changes to the boost PID, you may have to increase these limits. The most unsophisticated way is to simply max the entire table. Obviously, you will get better results if you spend a bit more time tuning this table to something appropriate. It is generally not a good idea to disable too many safety features, particularly when it comes to boost.
If you screw up, it is possible that specified boost is higher than the maximum possible measured boost. For obvious reasons, the PID will not like this. To prevent this, set this to zero:
DSLOFS - MAP pressure sensor offset
Absolute maximum measured boost is 0xffff/25.6 = 2559.96 mBar (assuming DSLOFS = 0)
Maximum spec boost is 0xff*10 = 2550 mBar
These are both hard ECU limits, and cannot be increased by simply changing sensors or internal ECU MAP scaling.
If you plan to run closed loop boost (PID control), set DSLOFS to 0. If you are planning to run open loop boost (locked WGDC via KFLDRL) keep it stock!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:30:22 AM by createddeleted » Logged
masterj

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:28:05 AM »

I didn't see RPM on the CSV   Cheesy

Pulled this from the S4 Wiki, maybe it'll work for you?

I haven't touched ori boost maps so this shouldn't be the case... Smiley Something is wrong, but I can't understand what... Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: