Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello from New Zealand - Golf MkIV V5  (Read 3186 times)
ignitionigel

« on: December 28, 2017, 08:05:09 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently reading up on the tools and procedures for reading/flashing and modifying ME7 roms, specifically the one in my 20V V5 Golf.
I'd like to maximise the stock potential as much as possible, not looking to to massive mods at this stage as it's my wife's daily driver right now - though it will change once she gets a new car (likely an S4) and the Golf will be mine...
I used to do wiring and tuning aftermarket ECUs for a living, though reflashing experience is limited to a few Evos and WRXs many years ago using Tactrix/OpenECU.

I look forward to learning as much as I can about how these roms come together and how to modify them effectively.

Smiley
gman86

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 03:35:44 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently reading up on the tools and procedures for reading/flashing and modifying ME7 roms, specifically the one in my 20V V5 Golf.
I'd like to maximise the stock potential as much as possible, not looking to to massive mods at this stage as it's my wife's daily driver right now - though it will change once she gets a new car (likely an S4) and the Golf will be mine...
I used to do wiring and tuning aftermarket ECUs for a living, though reflashing experience is limited to a few Evos and WRXs many years ago using Tactrix/OpenECU.

I look forward to learning as much as I can about how these roms come together and how to modify them effectively.

Smiley

Welcome. Where in Aotearoa are you?
ignitionigel

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 06:30:01 PM »

New Plymouth, I grew up here and moved back after spending 9 years in Auckland.
I'm and auto-sparky by trade but fix forklifts for a living now, which incidentally I find far more interesting day to day; CAN-bus/controller faults etc keep it challenging.
gman86

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 05:35:24 AM »

New Plymouth, I grew up here and moved back after spending 9 years in Auckland.
I'm and auto-sparky by trade but fix forklifts for a living now, which incidentally I find far more interesting day to day; CAN-bus/controller faults etc keep it challenging.

Nice. I'm in Auckland and spent the last few years developing on MED9 on Mk6 Golf Rs and 8P S3s. If you're up this neck, give me a shout and I'll do my best to help you out Smiley
ignitionigel

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 08:35:35 PM »

Nice, appreciate that. I might make it to Auckland once or twice a year, always a mad rush to catch up with as many friends as I can when there. I'll keep you in mind for sure  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: