Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Mbox KFMIOP Interpolator  (Read 58842 times)
berTTos

« on: January 09, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »

I saw Master Js post and thought i would share my excel solution for generating KFMIOP for mbox.  It uses VBA to do a linear interpolation to derive KFMIOP values for a given KFMIRL map.

To use -

1. paste in your KFMIRL map.

2. edit the column headers for KFMIOP.  for stage 3 maps I highly recommend raising at least the last 2 columns.  I've been eliminating the first column, shifting existing columns one to the left and increasing the last 3.  I have also found that your maximum KFMIRL load should not exceed your maximum defined KFMIOP column.

3. click Generate KFMIOP map.

I've had great results and this had completely eliminated the dreaded Level 2 Torque Monitoring throttle cut.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »

well this is just like Christmas today! Cheesy

thanks for sharing!

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
s5fourdoor

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »

where is the kfmiop axis definitions, both x and y?  i know the advanced guys know this but we should add these to the map-packs.  these are linked axis values, right?  what are they linked to?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:08:20 PM by nehalem » Logged
berTTos

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:53:13 AM »

where is the kfmiop axis definitions, both x and y?  i know the advanced guys know this but we should add these to the map-packs.  these are linked axis values, right?  what are they linked to?

it's in Nye's XDF.  it's the second 'axis:load(timing)' 0x162E8 in the Timing category and is shared with KFZWOP and KFZWOP2.  on a stage 3 car you can average the first two columns 9.7502 and 18.0004 into a single 13.5003 and this will give you room for more resolution up top without sacrificing much down low.  remember to shift all column data over one column to the left in the 2 OP timing tables that use this axis.

NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »

Just some feed back... I've noticed when I filled out IRL your xls didn't fill in the last column at all for IOP... the user Matt Danger had a similar experience except he was missing the top portion (from about the middle up) of the last two columns in IOP.

Not sure what is causing it.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
masterj

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 09:28:48 AM »

Hey, berTTos!
Can I include your Excel solution in ME7 TUNER WIZZARD? Wink Ofcourse after you fix some problems reported by NOTORIOUS VR Wink

berTTos

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 11:18:19 AM »

Just some feed back... I've noticed when I filled out IRL your xls didn't fill in the last column at all for IOP... the user Matt Danger had a similar experience except he was missing the top portion (from about the middle up) of the last two columns in IOP.

Not sure what is causing it.

Make sure that your largest KFMIOP column is equal to the largest load request in KFMIRL.  If it's larger then there is nothing to interpolate and an extrapolation would result in a KFMIOP %torque request value of more than 100%.  I think it's also ok to make the largest KFMIOP column slightly smaller than your largest load request in IRL (like .5 smaller).

Let me know if this is the issue.
berTTos

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »

Hey, berTTos!
Can I include your Excel solution in ME7 TUNER WIZZARD? Wink Ofcourse after you fix some problems reported by NOTORIOUS VR Wink

Of course!  use it for whatever you'd like!
TTQS
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 12:36:49 PM »

There's nothing wrong with using VBA to do the 2D/two axis interpolation, but I use a custom function (nicked from the interweb, not my own work on this occasion). See attached file for details. It's very simple to implement if anyone is interested.

TTQS
s5fourdoor

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:46 PM »

berttos are you running stock timing or just stock OP tables?
berTTos

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »

berttos are you running stock timing or just stock OP tables?

i'm not running stock timing but am running stock KFZWOP and KFZWOP2
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 02:55:14 PM »

bert, for OP and OP2, do you just dup the last column to the right?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
berTTos

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »

bert, for OP and OP2, do you just dup the last column to the right?

yessir!
s5fourdoor

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:01 PM »

hey Berttos - Could you share your KFMIRL with us?  Or at least a methodology for arriving at a good KFMIRL.  I'm not sure the "tuning wizard" generates torque curves relevant to a 2.7tt, maybe I'm wrong?  Please correct me if so.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 05:07:28 PM »

The tuning wizard doesn't do anything for IRL.

It generates an IOP for a given IRL, which YOU have to decide on... much like your ldrxn

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: