Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with WOT fueling  (Read 4509 times)
golfputtputt

« on: February 24, 2018, 04:34:49 PM »

So, I think I dun fucked something up but I'm unsure what.

I'm starting with a slight amount of enrichment VIA LAMFA (Lean best power just in case I get bad gas and to pre-cool stuff down)
It seems lamfa is doing what I'm asking it to.

I'm planning to dial in LAMFAWKR after I get BTS correct but I'm having loads of issues with BTS. I'm not even sure if i should trust my EGT model to be even relatively close honestly. Even so, It doesn't seem BTS is doing anything that I'm asking it to.

B_tabgbts seems to turn on immediately as soon as I go WOT and stays on after I finish 3rd gear even though I have TABGBTS set to 800 deg C. Are these not correlated? The idea I was going for was: set KFLBTS to taper down to Rich best power and let FBSTABGM enrichen by multiplying. Am I misunderstanding how these operate? Still unsure why it blasts up to stoich at max load.

Anyone have any idea why my AFR's at max load shoot back up to stoich?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:40:51 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
bobbyz0r

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 05:45:33 PM »

Fix your boost control. You have a boost spike and then boost creep.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 08:29:09 PM »

Fix your boost control. You have a boost spike and then boost creep.

Agreed. Do not go any further until you have your boost control worked out. You'll be chasing ghosts around around and around otherwise.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 09:02:37 PM »

Ok thanks guys.
Lost

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 03:48:42 AM »

You got FBSTABGM wrong unless you want to lean it out with higher calc temps?
golfputtputt

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 10:17:03 AM »

So, I did a few things based on data.

1st: I set FBSTABGM to all 1's and set KFLBTS to my desired lambda and let it go at that for now, I'll go back to that later. BTS seems to be requesting and desired lambda is following it: good. But Actual AFR is not following desired in high loads. That's dangerous issue 1.

2nd: I set LDRXN to a conservative 138.9 %Load flat peak so I can attempt to get the PID in control. I assume that it is responsible for the spike and creep. But plsol is too far off from rlsol (in shape) to even approach the PID yet. I'm looking to get a flat 10 PSI plsol just to start. plsol seems to meet my 10 PSI desire between 5000-6000 but is far off in the 2750-5000 and 6000-6500 areas.

Can someone possibly throw me a bone and please explain the "Load to boost conversion" section in Nyet's wiki in laymen's terms? (If there are no "laymen's terms" I can accept that, it's very complex) I've been trying to calculate plsol for days now and my brain has overheated into a soupy mess, eyeballs twitching out of their sockets, danger to manifold, etc..

What could most likely be responsible for the difference?
golfputtputt

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 10:21:51 AM »

PS: Because brain is mush, I forgot to checksum apparently and bricked my ecu a couple days ago. Odd thing was it let me drive the car with the bad data and didn't lock me out until I shut it down and tried to turn it back on. Is that usually how bad checksums result? first time i did it, I always thought it would refuse to start up.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »

Do not bother doing anything until you fix your boost creep.

Something is very wrong with your n75 and/or wastegate

One more time:

DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE UNTIL YOU FIX THIS

Do not go any further until you have your boost control worked out. You'll be chasing ghosts around around and around otherwise.

I posted this for a reason Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
golfputtputt

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 12:48:07 PM »

Shit, I misunderstood you until your last post regarding n75 and WG, you're saying I have a hardware issue. Ok. My B.

I thought "boost control" meant PID or some other SW problem.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:55:08 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
316LV

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 03:44:14 PM »

PS: Because brain is mush, I forgot to checksum apparently and bricked my ecu a couple days ago. Odd thing was it let me drive the car with the bad data and didn't lock me out until I shut it down and tried to turn it back on. Is that usually how bad checksums result? first time i did it, I always thought it would refuse to start up.

Its hit or miss I think. I've only done that once, but in my case it was the third start that failed. I started it twice before heading out for fuel, wouldn't start at the gas station. Luckily I had my laptop so I was able to reflash it at the pump. Didn't impress the people that worked there though. Now every file I'm about to flash gets run through ME7check immediately before.

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: