Pages: [1]
Author Topic: question  (Read 3297 times)
sasser

« on: March 08, 2018, 10:01:11 AM »

is there somewhere I can tunes to get me started? I, also, need to have someone explain what's what. I don't understand exactly what they mean. I just think it's a difference in the language. can someone please help me out???
sasser

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »

is there somewhere I can get tunes to get me started? I, also, need to have someone explain what's what. I don't understand exactly what they mean. I just think it's a difference in the language. can someone please help me out???
sasser

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »

I've been out of the car business for a while due to a bad motorcycle wreck. Now I'm handicapped, and really want to learn how to tune cars. Can anyone help me out by describing what's what. So, I can get started?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 10:40:28 AM »

You're honestly not off to a great start.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
sasser

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 11:08:23 AM »

hi.  i'm not asking for actual tunes. I just someone to take the time to explain things to where I can understand them. I guess the language I learned things was different. I just need someone to explain what things are what.
jimmcgee5

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 11:15:12 AM »

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning read this first , if you need to know what any of the names mean , google it or search on the forum , after you read that 4 times  Grin , look for the community tuning page , its only 47 pages , start reading that , then read it again and again ,  Wink , then download the xdf and the bin file , load them up and then read the 47 pages again , looking at the changes that are made and the advise given .

jim
opticaltrigger

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »

Hi sasser,
I know a bit how you feel with this subject. Your post has a feel of my first post 18 months or so back.
But stick with it, it's a great subject to get into if you like engines.

At first it's super daunting or at least it was for me. I came to this subject from an electronic and mechanical background, not a software one. Which was a really, really steep learning curve that hasn't stopped yet. It's a very complex study and even the most proficient on here will tell you that.
This group of people will help you rite through it all the way, but you will be expected to study hard for it.

If you want to go on this journey then do as the guy's say, and start with the tuning wiki link above and read it. It's essential and excellent....
When I first started these guy's walked me through it in baby steps rite from zero so you might also find this thread, that I started with interesting, as it deals with being shown how to get started and moves on to getting your head round ME7 Logger a bit. http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=11027.msg93212#msg93212

Anyway, all the very best

O.T.

"It is dangerous to be right, in matters where established men are wrong." ....

Voltaire
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: