Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LDRXN being ignored  (Read 3032 times)
jezTT

« on: March 13, 2018, 09:49:13 PM »

Hi all,

By my understanding, LDRXN is the main map that is followed for boost pressure as a calculation of RL. That is to say that the ECU follows LDRXN in regards to boost pressure, to give the load requested by LDRXN, and LDRXN is the main map that is followed for peak power output.

If LDRXN is increased without making the appropriate adjustments in KFMIOP and KFMIRL, intervention will occur if actual load exceeds the limit of the maps.

My question is, is it possible for LDRXN to be ignored, even when I have put in lower values than stock?

To give a bit of context, I have gone through my .bin and defined 3 instances of LDRXN/LDRXNZK. As I didn't a) wanted to be sure of which maps were XN and which were ZK and b) I wanted to know which instance of the maps was the one used in regular running, I loaded in stepped values into each pair of three maps, at -10%, -15% and -20% of the original values - enough to be able to feel, and see enough of a difference in the logs that I could be sure of which map was being used.

I flashed the modified ZK maps .bin first, and there was no difference so I thought, ok this is good, the ZK maps are in fact ZK, and aren't being used.

I then flashed the modified XN maps. bin in. Still no difference, and logs confirm that actual load is what is was before.

I have done a read of my ECU an can confirm that it has the modified values flashed.

I have changed no other maps yet.

What am I missing?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 02:08:52 AM »

LDRXN is a cap.

Are you logging rlmax?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jezTT

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 04:01:17 AM »

Hey Nyet, yes I logged RLmax (using VCDS). I would upload it but I'm at work and don't have the file on my usb. I'll upload it tomorrow (I'm in AU working nights)

The log shows it's hitting and sustaining 140's when the highest RL of the -10% maps is mid 120's - very strange. I didn't do comprehensive logs as I was a bit tight on time, and quiet roads... When I have more time, if I don't find out what is happening in the mean time I'll do alot more logging to pin down what is happening.

One thought I had was that perhaps the ECU is smart enough to choose whichever is the highest RL map as LDRXN in normal running, though I doubt this is the case, and I'm not across IDA enough (yet) to work out if that's a possibility or not.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:50:42 AM »

Hey Nyet, yes I logged RLmax (using VCDS).

VCDS is useless, you're going to need to log the whole requested requested rl path.

rlmax, rlsol, rlmx

logging rl itself will tell you nothing.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jezTT

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 10:05:35 PM »

Yeah agreed, I'm flying pretty blind only being able to see the one variable. It's Med9, so looks like I'm up for a bit of reading. I'll go through Basano's threads and try my hand at mapping some custom variables. As well as that I'll do a bit more logging with what I can log and small map changes, and see what shows up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: