Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: bricked ecu maybe?  (Read 6982 times)
bororobbo

« on: April 03, 2018, 03:41:11 PM »

i have modded my bin file with the anti-lag launch control nls script on here, checksummed it on tunerpro and checked it with me7sum and it said it was all ok with no errors. So i flashed it to my car making sure i used correct memory layout it started fine warmed up ok waited till coolant was at 90c then pressed my clutch and revved the engine up to the limiter to which it worked and built boost for about 10 seconds, then the car completely died, would not restart, no comms from nefmoto flashing software or vagcom so i presumed checksum had missed something or the script done something wrong. Then i rigged up a ghetto bench setup for the ecu changed the serial in ftdi cable to work with galletto software and restarted the ecu into boot mode and flashed my original tune that i had read off the ecu (just to be sure) just before flashing the modded file. flash was successful in boot mode and i restarted my ecu and i had comms in vagcom and nefmoto flasher so i thought great ive unbricked it. This seems not to be the case as i refitted the ecu the car reconnected the battery and still would not fire (just turns over) so i thought id check vagcom to make sure no codes are preventing start. No comms with vagcom or nefmoto flasher. i can access the ecu in bootmode on the bench and vagcom just nothing when i reinstall into the car (worked all fine before it cut out during antilag) have i missed something? or have i properly bricked the ecu? lol
KasperH

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 04:00:03 PM »

Probably threw a permanent DTC on the 95040 chip with a memory checksum error.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:24:10 PM »

Some will pop the fuse for the coilpacks. Coil dwell needs to be set at .2 not 00

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
bororobbo

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 02:22:09 AM »

From reading the debug from the script it set Coil dwell to 0.4 (ftomn). I take it their is no way to fix permanent checksum errors apart from new ecu?
bororobbo

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 02:30:33 AM »

Also is their a way to confirm permenant DTC?
adam-

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 02:34:53 AM »

Flash original EEPROM and flash. 
bororobbo

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 04:10:05 AM »

Cheers Adam. That’s where I’m fucked then I never backed up eeprom just original flash. Ah well, only way too learn I suppose.
bororobbo

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 04:56:53 AM »

If someone was kind enough to help me, Would it not be possible for someone to remove the DTC from the eeprom if I upload it in the relevant section?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:58:57 AM by bororobbo » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 04:57:54 AM »

Cheers Adam. That’s where I’m fucked then I never backed up eeprom just original flash. Ah well, only way too learn I suppose.
Its a easy fix just read it with vageeprom tool and post the ori. The death code just needs to be zeroed

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
bororobbo

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 05:16:29 AM »

nice one, ill go pull it off now
bororobbo

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 06:03:06 AM »

should i post it here? or in the requests section?
_nameless

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 06:20:52 AM »

should i post it here? or in the requests section?
you have no death code in your eeprom

overspeed

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 06:22:07 AM »

Just write in boot and flash same file again by OBD, and code will be erased

PS: If there is no code I pressume you blow the driver for coil packs
bororobbo

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 07:26:40 AM »

Thank you for checking for me. i must of blew the coil driver then i suspect. i have flashed original bins on the bench and still no comms through obd on the car. could be completely bricked then. If thats the case i need to find an ecu that i could crossflash my tune onto. i can get an ecu out of a 99 golf ARZ 150 dbw no vvt narrowband so im presuming it would be a 95040 chip maybe?
bororobbo

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 08:09:04 AM »

Also could my immobiliser be effecting this? this is what i get from nefmoto flasher:

Starting slow init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP1281 session.
KWP1281 connect info: 06A906032R  1.8L R4/5VT         0004
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading ECU flash memory.
Failed to start diagnostic session.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have not been met.
Reasons preconditions failed:
-Immobilizer not authenticated
Stopping because programming session preconditions have not been met.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
ECU reports that security access is not supported.
Starting diagnostic session.
Too many consecutive unsolicited messages from ECU, disconnecting.
Disconnecting...
Disconnecting because no response was received for the Stop Communication message.
Disconnected
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.

This used to work fine before i dont understand whats happened to be honest lol. This is after reflashing the original file with galletto.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: