Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Over the counter tune with map switching - security code  (Read 3637 times)
boomfunk

« on: April 14, 2018, 07:06:41 PM »

A bit of a lurker here, been using this sites great resources to swap RB4 clusters in my Audi, do some immobilizer deletes and playing around with tuning on 1.8T's. I recently picked up a AWP MK4 and I suspect the ecu is of a big brand tuner with map switching as doing the correct button procedures on the cruise stalk does initiate the CEL to flash in the correct patterns but after "selecting" a map slot and cycling the ignition according to the procedure the map doesnt actually switch, it remains in a stock map. I suspect it has the security lock out code enabled when purchased and I was wondering if anyone happened to know where the security code may be located in the .bin. The previous owner was not an enthusiast but said the owner before him was, hence some of the visual modifications on the car. I'd like to try to enable the already installed tune on the ecu and I've already got a spare mk4 ecu on its way to tinker with.

ECU is 06A 906 032 LP
The ecu does have the original 29F800BB chip installed with no riser/encryption board.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:25:53 PM by boomfunk » Logged
adam-

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 03:54:43 AM »

What are you expecting to switch?  Some are fuel, some are boost.
boomfunk

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 08:48:51 AM »

I went ahead and pulled out the ecu and read it in boot mode with Galletto. Definitely is an APR ecu with multiple maps on it. The ecu has stock, 91 octane, 93 octane and a valet map. When driving currently it is on the stock map. I tried doing the procedure outlined on their site by holding the SET button on my stalk and the CEL starts blinking as described and once I choose the second or third map, let go of set, turn of the ignition and turn it back on I dont get the EPC and CEL lights flashing in an alternating pattern and the car is still in the stock map. So I suspect I need to enter the security code first and then select a map.

vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:54:47 PM »

Nothing you can do, or should do, with that file. Don't think you'll be able to access the other modes without the security code, which even APR says they can't retrieve. They will (for a charge of $150 usd last time I checked) transfer ownership of the file to you, in which case you can specify a new access code.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: