Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ME7.0 map identification, Volvo  (Read 22153 times)
fredrik_a

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 01:17:51 AM »

Also co-worker has 2001 C70 with manual trans (turbocharged), I can find most maps (KFMIRL, KFMIOP, KFLBTS, KFPED, etc..) But can't find the LDRXN, any tips on how to locate that?

Send me the file and I'll have a look...
ohhello

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »

@phila_dot  Thanks for that desription, the more I read the more sense it's starting to make.

@Fredrik PM'd you the file, thanks so much for your help!

I'm thinking of purchasing Swiftec for tuning since it has map detection and definitions built in.  Any advice on this, perhaps a better software tuning suite to choose instead?
fredrik_a

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 11:01:03 AM »

@Fredrik PM'd you the file, thanks so much for your help!

LDRXN@1BD88
(All other maps required to be modified for this engine is sent to you by PM with updated map contents).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:16:07 PM by fredrik_a » Logged
fredrik_a

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 02:47:35 PM »

I'm thinking of purchasing Swiftec for tuning since it has map detection and definitions built in.  Any advice on this, perhaps a better software tuning suite to choose instead?

Forgot to comment this one...

All available systems have their pros and cons and in general most of them just label the functions/maps with names but fail to explain how the system actually works. I had a look at a system from DimSport and they had clearly misunderstood a few things about that particular EMS I looked at and how it functions so just having a few (or even all) maps detected will never explain how all functions interact so reading an FR will always (i.m.h.o. at least) be necessary regardless what system you purchase (of course depending on how much alterations is needed in the software as a result of hardware chamges).

So... Be careful when purchasing any system as it will never explain how an EMS actually works and it will never give you much insight in engine calibration knowledge in general...  Smiley
ohhello

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »

I hear you there, I've been spending alot of time in the FR and am starting to understand the base parameters for fuel enrichment and boost control. Still lots to learn but it's a start!

I do like the way the FR flow charts the order of operations, makes it fairly straight forward to follow the ECU logic path however the more complex ones take a bit more time.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help in here so far.

BTW I did copy the immo chip and program to another ECU and it started right up in the car, how cool is that?!?!
Would be nice if the immo could be deleted.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: