Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Cables that YOU, the members, have confirmed working! Post yours within.  (Read 100317 times)
Coperdom

« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2022, 06:59:27 AM »

I got this "Vag K-can" cable from Amazon. Got it for the K-Can Commander, but it works great in NefMoto..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08F9BRPXX?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I have it too and it doesn't detect it. I have looked and and it is FT232RL. how did you do it?
I'm using Windows XP.
Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 08:18:57 AM by Coperdom » Logged
darklet

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2022, 02:35:02 AM »

if the cable supports CAN and K-line, how do you select which one the cable is going to drive? Surely this makes it a non dumb cable, as there needs to be a protocol to select this?

I've seen other cables with pin 2,10 connected for SAE J1850 which I also assume rules them out from working..

Anyone got a link to a UK ebay/amazon seller that has a know working cable?
edwink89

Hi everybody, i bought a blue ft232 cable on Ali (CARSTAR TOOL Store) and i was unable to log. So i bought another blue cable on the bay (tuning-fanatics-shop) which cost 3 times the Ali one and still can't log. Basically i can't log with any cable except the VCDS one. I was thinking that the cables were the problem till i found a thread saying that it may be my cluster interfering. So i cut the k-line cable at the ecu and run a seperate wire from the ecu to OBD port and that solved my problem(thank you very much guys). Both cables work very well (picture attached of the Ali one).
Geomeo

Hi everybody, i bought a blue ft232 cable on Ali (CARSTAR TOOL Store) and i was unable to log. So i bought another blue cable on the bay (tuning-fanatics-shop) which cost 3 times the Ali one and still can't log. Basically i can't log with any cable except the VCDS one. I was thinking that the cables were the problem till i found a thread saying that it may be my cluster interfering. So i cut the k-line cable at the ecu and run a seperate wire from the ecu to OBD port and that solved my problem(thank you very much guys). Both cables work very well (picture attached of the Ali one).

I'm thinking your mil lights that come on for trans, cluster and some other modules I can't think of right now will be triggering the mil light and you'll have no way to access what the error is.  So let's just say you have a faulty solenoid in your trans, you'll need that k-line from the OBD connected back to the trans module /TCM, so you can read the error code.  I could actually be talking nonsense, but if it were me I would make sure I can connect to the trans module or cluster via VCDS now.  And if you can't you might want to put a switch in circuit so that you can switch it over or back to usually circuit in your car.   
eneas91

Hello guys,

Anybody has had any experience with the following cable?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394597520000?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=-SEUJ-XtQyW&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=bHCxj3oIRp6&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Roggy

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2023, 09:28:40 AM »

I had this same cable and for some reason couldnt detect anything using windows 10, then switched to win xp and worked great, but i needed one that works with win 10 so i got one from amazon that works with most of the tools without any problem. ill check the link and edit my reply.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: