Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greetings from Poland ! :)  (Read 2741 times)
niroxPL

« on: July 12, 2018, 02:21:26 PM »

Hi, my name is Szymon and I'm from Poland.

My car is an Audi Allroad C5 2001 with engine  ARE 2.7T. We spend every free time together with my brother in the garage, so we know each other very well on mechanical matters.

Because of my small knowledge with electricity in the past, I decided to go to an electrical studies, which gave me a lot of knowledge, however I was not taught what we always dreamed about together with my brother - chiptuning.

At the beginning of this year, I was met by an unpleasant surprise - when I was coming back home my audi - on the highway at a speed of about 160km / h suddenly my engine exploded.
Immediately I thought that crankshaft rod jumped out of the engine, when I saw a big oil leak on the road. So it happened ...

All the time I was thinking that we had made some mistake together with my brother when we exchanged the leaking gasket on the timing belt tensioner exhaust. This is a very common fault in these engines.

058198217 - part number

We were convinced that the fault was caused by the noise timing tensioner. Few times before during the cold start It thundered for about 2 minutes until the engine warmed up a little. Later everything was allright

I already know that this could had been caused by the valves responsible for supplying oil to the heads: 059103175F.
We thought that the timing tensioner was broken - that's why the connecting rod was damaged.

However, after the dismantling of the engine, it turned out that the heads are whole! and only two cranks from the 2nd and 5th cylinders were damaged; It looks to me that connecting rod screw bolt or pan was damaged.
Does anyone know how it is possible? The oil pressure was very good, I had a watch with pressure and controlled it on an ongoing basis.
Is this some factory defect? My engine had only 220 000 km of true mileage.

To the point ... What am I doing in this forum?

We would like to make our dreams come true with my brother and modify my car on the occasion of this unfortunate situation. This forum is a mine of knowledge! Thank you very much for the opportunity to join! It is a great honor for me!

We're just working on mechanical tuning:
Turbines from  RS4 2x k04 instead of the original 2x k03
Forged connecting rods
bigger intercoolers
larger injections
Clutch pressure plate from RS4 + Kevlar disc
Single aluminium mass
Downpipe 3’
entire exhaust X-pipe 2.5 '
2 x DV forge
inlet pipes
change of the throttle rubber
bigger brakes

What will be associated with this will also have to change the program in ECU ME7.1
For a month now I devote all my free time to exploring the secrets of chiptuning.
I managed to download the original file with maps with the extension .fls

My question - is it enough to modify such a program for examlpe in TunerPro as it is explained at http://www.myaudis4.com/stage-1/
and then do cheksums in winols? Winols will save the file as .bin. Can I upload it later without any worries with KTAG? Can I damage my ECU while trying to upload? What to watch out for? I will be very grateful for any advice!

I am not asking for ready answers here, I will be grateful for any tips!

Best wishes ! and I hope one day we can meet each other  Wink !
woj

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 02:48:26 PM »

Wow, that's one long intro Wink Welcome!

I suggest reading this first, several times, and then again several times:

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning

Then ask again precisely what bothers you. If you have not tuned before at all (what I concluded), the ME road is going to be long, depressingly long. In particular, yes, it is always possible to brick the ECU, advise is to have a spare and have a boot mode setup if you have not done any of this before. Also, I would probably re-flash the original file first. For check summing VW ME7s there are tools around here, look for them, try them before you do anything on the ECU.

Poza tym, lepiej, żebyś miał grubą skórę i łatwo znosił krytykę, bo tutaj lekko nie jest Wink
niroxPL

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 05:25:27 PM »

I am very motivated to act. I try to understand everything first and then I will try to modify the program. I am at the reading stage / trying to understand the operation of the chosen control parameters in the bosh documentation. I learned a bit from automation at university activities so I hope I will understand some of this as I will spend some time on it. I can also find some maps, but I have a problem with scaling. There is a lot of information here so I hope I can deal with it Smiley

Off course first thing which i did was save a backup files  Wink,
Thank you very much for welcome, and useful tips !.

By the way.. Have you ever seen such things in a stock engine ? (Please take a look at photos below) Shocked 220 000km of mileage and the connecting rod screw cracked fatigue. You can see the cross-section difference

My car was lucky, and I think it got a faulty screw in the factory ... You can see that one screw just cut and the other one bent.

Ja nie z tych, którzy się obrażają ! Wink  Bardzo dobre podejście, szanuje ! Tylko w taki sposób można się przecież czegoś nauczyć i być co raz lepszym w tym co się robi ! Smiley  No i trzeba dyskutować, wymieniać poglądy, pomysły, wzajemnie sobie pomagać. Po to są przecież takie fora jak to Smiley . Mam nadzieję, że będę mógł i chciałbym również dzielić się w jakiś sposób swoją wiedzą z innymi, a nie tylko jak taki sęp wyciągać z niego cenne informacje  Tongue .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: