Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reconfiguring ecu inputs and disabling functions me7.5  (Read 2778 times)
Cadensdad14

« on: July 17, 2018, 09:22:45 AM »

Im working on some features for my rally car, and I have a bank of switches available to provide binary inputs into the ecu.  For starters, id like to reconfigure my cruise stalk and steal its inputs, as I dont need cruise, but id also like to look into using other items to reconfigure the system.  I have freed up outputs of the fuel pump relay, sai pump, rear O2 sensor heater, plus gotten a pwm input.  Thinking things like e85 sensor, turbo speed sensor, external shift indicator, etc.

So to start with the cruise, obviously these items would need to be disabled within the ecu.  Would the better route be to change a codeword setting if available, or to find the jump to items that read the switch status and skip that line or nop that routine?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:06:21 PM »

Its always better and simplier way to nop reading / writing instruction to input/output memory

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: