Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with gasoline in oil  (Read 327 times)
golfputtputt

« on: August 07, 2018, 10:45:13 AM »

My oil change smells like gasoline.
I have a bunch of ideas for tests, tests I've done and tests I need to repeat. I'm looking for more ideas for hunting down the possible cause of this problem.

car specs:
1.9T (bored 1.8T) supertech pistons 9.6:1 compression. 'street spec' ring gap as per supertech's piston spec sheet, AKA, tightest ring gap speced. 'thirds' ring gap placement, not half and half. New valve seals, valve seats checked for sealing.

What I've done:
Change sparkplugs from champion copper to NGK v-power copper (gapped to .027") Champion plugs were very clean, no signs of lean or rich condition, gap measured to be .027" when removed.
coil packs produce 40kv with adjustable tester
check FPR hose for leaks/gas. Smells like gas when pulled off but no fluid in the line, bone dry.
vacuum tested FPR, maintained solid 27inHG
Did leaky injector pressure test (although genuine EV14 genesis 550's are brand new) 60 PSI test each, no leaks.

What I need to do:
check fuel pressure
cylinder leak down test

What I need to do again:
compression test (did a while ago, compression was around 170-180 for all cylinders about 7-8 months ago)
change oil after I find out whats going on.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could be causing gasoline to get into oil and have any other tests I could run? Could Wall wetting cause this? could calibration cause this? I'll post a log after work.
I come to you guys cuz ya'll are smart n' stuff.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:27:33 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
jogtx16v

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 06:36:01 PM »

im not an expert, but what your air fuel ratio say ?
golfputtputt

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 07:03:39 PM »

sorry, the log is too big to post..? so i put it in a zip

It looks like its hunting at idle and part throttle. definitely at idle.
Could someone explain why AFR desired dips to 11.771 on throttle closing?

Also, yes according to that log, my WOT fueling is def not doing what it's supposed to, that's obvious but off topic.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 10:03:20 AM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 06:30:16 PM »

looked at plugs, they did not appear to be running rich at all, but alas, there it is right in the data. Enriching on part throttle. I definitely screwed something up with my part throttle tuning.

Attached is the data sheet listing all of my edited maps, my bin, the latest log. My guess is FKKVS is all screwed up. I used the "FKKVS fixer" and prob shouldn't have done that. Can anyone confirm that this is what I messed up?

O2's primary and auxiliary are positioned immediately after the turbocharger and are new wideband (primary) bosch brand non oem. Perhaps primary is a dud? is there any way to test an o2?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 07:48:59 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
golfputtputt

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:27:05 AM »

This is post o2 replacement. Doesn't seem to have solved the issue.

Can anyone help with these AFR issues?

need to 1 FKKVS and ponder. KFBAKL and KFVAKL?

Trims are +0.6 idle 0.0 partial with 550 ev14’s
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 02:50:00 PM by golfputtputt » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: