Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Author Topic: Tuning projects 3.0TFSI Stage 1 SIMOS 8.4  (Read 85537 times)
Kacza

« on: September 15, 2018, 08:39:43 AM »

Would anyone want to discuss the tuning together on the example of the SIMOS 8.4 driver?
As you know, the 3.0TFSI engine is equipped with a compressor. Thus the boost pressure at stage 1 will remain at the same level. I think that you need to knock on fuel and ignition.
In some cases, move the rotation limiter.

Unfortunately, I do not have any damos for this ECU.

I place here the original file from the Audi S5 3.0TFSI 333HP.

Will there be willing people who will share information and we will create a map pack for Stage 1 together, and then we will jointly take on the ECU SIMOS tuning challenge?
gt-innovation

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »

You don`t need the damos first. You Need the FR to understand how this is working.....
gman86

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 09:54:39 PM »

As you know, the 3.0TFSI engine is equipped with a compressor. Thus the boost pressure at stage 1 will remain at the same level.

It would be naive to assume there's no pressure regulation just because it's a supercharger.
Kacza

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 04:50:18 AM »

I would like to believe that everyone starts with the FR. Cheesy hehe

Most do not read and have no knowledge how to do something. It is best to buy Slave equipment and only upload and be a slave.

The first rule is to think what to do. What I see in cars tuned by professional tuners only shows that they lack basic knowledge, and have large companies and are pro tuners.

Everyone just scare others how difficult it is. But when it comes to true accuracy, many professional tuners are missing despite the fact that they are able to perform the tuning of a given car.

It is not art to buy a file from the support. The trick is to be an amateur and know what professionals can not do.

There are many wise people in this forum.

But the world is broken. One person hates and envies others.

Through such behaviors, internet forums become garbage and cease to fulfill the tasks to which these forums were founded.

Whether using this forum I will gain knowledge or not about the new ECU, I do not give up because I just like it.

https://www85.zippyshare.com/v/mWqCu0bC/file.html
gt-innovation

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 06:19:16 AM »

I would like to believe that everyone starts with the FR. Cheesy hehe

Most do not read and have no knowledge how to do something. It is best to buy Slave equipment and only upload and be a slave.

The first rule is to think what to do. What I see in cars tuned by professional tuners only shows that they lack basic knowledge, and have large companies and are pro tuners.

Everyone just scare others how difficult it is. But when it comes to true accuracy, many professional tuners are missing despite the fact that they are able to perform the tuning of a given car.

It is not art to buy a file from the support. The trick is to be an amateur and know what professionals can not do.

There are many wise people in this forum.

But the world is broken. One person hates and envies others.

Through such behaviors, internet forums become garbage and cease to fulfill the tasks to which these forums were founded.

Whether using this forum I will gain knowledge or not about the new ECU, I do not give up because I just like it.

https://www85.zippyshare.com/v/mWqCu0bC/file.html

The simos18 fr you uploaded has great differences from the simos8.4 you are trying to tune.
Kacza

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 10:51:04 AM »

So, maybe YOU own a FR for SIMOS 8 and would you like to share?

I am willing to attach a document for reading to readers.
https://fs02n2.sendspace.com/dl/fe19591170c77135d936b90d73d6487c/5b9e97f23f70eb28/tlnxz4/3.0L_V6_TFSI_Engine.rar
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »

I habe damos and fr I'll post when I get a chance. Just taking a quick break while doing a clutch atm

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
ktm733

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 06:17:38 PM »

Ouch, no fun.
Removing that exhaust is not fun. Audi made a special tool to get the 12mm exhaust bolts. Helps a lot.

Thank you for the good info also.
SB_GLI

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 05:51:38 AM »

In other news, Marty has been assassinated by the professional audi tuners of the world association for threatening to share documentation on a still highly profitable platform.

Does anyone else think it's absolutely ludicrous that most companies are charging over $1000 for a simple stage 1 on these cars?
prj

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 08:51:16 AM »

You need to do both ECU and gearbox on this...
So besides Simos8 you also have DL501, AL551 or in some cases GS19 to deal with.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
SB_GLI

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 09:22:38 AM »

For reference, APR is charging $1299 for ECU Stage 1 + $999 for Gearbox.  Ouch.

6 Speed MT FTW.
Kacza

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »

In other news, Marty has been assassinated by the professional audi tuners of the world association for threatening to share documentation on a still highly profitable platform.

Does anyone else think it's absolutely ludicrous that most companies are charging over $1000 for a simple stage 1 on these cars?

I ask if there are more pro tuners or ordinary amateurs in this forum?

If the pro tuner knows everything, why do they log in to the forum? Is it only to feed on the knowledge of amateurs and not to give anything away?

I talked to several pro tuners in my country about SIMOS 8.4 tuning. They say there is no need for modification in the TCU box for Stage 1.

In my country, the price for tuning SIMOS 8.4 in a professional workshop is within 350 euros.
nolo

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 11:22:27 AM »

I will participate. Let's do this for fun and knowledge.

Which maps are required for a basic tuning?

Still learning!
cherry

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 12:02:00 PM »

How how much power/torque can you get with stage-1 without pulley change?
Carsinc

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 11:21:43 PM »

Why assume Marty was doing a clutch on a 3.0t? I bet it was a mk4 or b5ish something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: