Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Injector Circuit Malfunction on Inj. 1, 2, 3, 4.. Only During Medium/High Load..  (Read 3794 times)
royce5950

Hey everyone, I'm having a bit of an issue with my 2007 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI.. This just started occurring last night for the first time ever and now it's happening constantly anytime I step on it and reach about 2500 - 3500 RPM (mainly in 3rd gear, I don't believe I've noticed any symptoms in 1st or 2nd gear..)

Basically when I'm driving in about 3000 rpm or so like right about when I'm about to hit my peak boost the check engine light flashes and and it loses power momentarily as if you know misfires are occurring and the car doesn't die or anything and as long as I slow down the CEL stops flashing and goes away and when I scan it VCDS says that I'm having a injector circuit malfunction and sometimes it says the injector circuit malfunction is in all four cylinders.. sometimes it's just in like 2 cylinders or something like that.. And of course for each cylinder it occurs in there will be codes for random multiple cylinder misfire in each of the cylinders that that particular injector is supposed to be having a malfunction in..

Does anyone have any idea what I should log or where I should start? I have the VCDS 18.2 so any advice would be nice.. My car is a 2007 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro and I have 98000 miles on the odometer.. Thanks in advance!

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
Risky

I guess start with the simplest. Check the wiring harness for the injectors see if its arching or shorting on any other parts.
gman86

I guess start with the simplest. Check the wiring harness for the injectors see if its arching or shorting on any other parts.

Pull the ECU out of the puddle inside the box. Hope harness isn't screwed.
prj

+1 on water damage.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
royce5950

I'll check right now, however the ECU box is screwed down and in place 100% perfectly. But I'll go check.. Does this explain why I'm not getting any other codes though and that this only occurs in 3rd gear right around peak boost? It's not a constant occurance and it idles and runs just fine.. It's only when I step on it in 3rd gear around 2500 - 3500 rpm.. 3500 is where LDRXN is at peak.. I'll report back with my findings.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
royce5950

And there's a lot of other large fuses and electronics in the eCU box underneath the eCU.. Wouldn't I be experiencing a handful of other quirky events if there were wwater built up in the ECU box? Or can a lot of the other electronics sustain being in a pool of water? I mean I have seen stuff like it before but usually once a ton of water gets in the ECU box the car won't even start anymore..

I have a 1900watt amp and a 1200 watt amp in the trunk powering 2 subs and all my component speakers.. I know it's taken a toll on the battery and possibly the alternator has been stressed a lot too as I seek a more powerful alternator.. I should mention that all the times this has occurred I wasn't listening to music and the system was off.. But possibly the battery and alternator not being very healthy at this point, maybe under load the electronic components can't get enough juice from the battery/alternator anymore like they used to?

Just trying to provide as much detail as possible.

I just checked and it's raining so I shouldn't go check the ECU box right now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: