Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Immo off, error when matching keys to cluster (IMMO 3)  (Read 2832 times)
dilly

« on: November 07, 2018, 03:12:15 PM »

Today i was cleaning my car out and under the carpet on the driver side i found the spare key for my car. when i bought it I never was handed a second key so i was a little confused as to which car it belonged to.
so naturally i put it in the ignition and it turned and started the car and stayed running. cluster yelled and blinked Immob. Activated. i have immo off on ecu so.

when i went to match it to the cluster  it gave me an Error when trying to set a new amount of keys to be matched to the cluster. i tried everything i could find on rosstech's site and some other forums that popped up when i searched the issue.
couldn't figure it out but it clicked in my head that i have immo off on ecu so i thought maybe if i turned immo back on it would work. and of course it coded flawlessly and now immo is adapted to my 2 keys.

now since some of you veterans may know this, i figured i would share this so others that may have the issue can solve it

Long story short,
If you keep getting "ERROR" in vcds when trying to adapt new key values to the cluster and your immo is off in your ecu, assuming you have one, set up your bench harness and turn the immo back on in the eeprom using the tools available on this site. After that, keys will code properly without error as long as you have the correct SKC . (and as long as the key is okay to adapt...follow the procedure on rosstech's site to figure out if key is ok)
if you choose to you can disable the immo again and no lights will appear as the keys are matched to the cluster.

hope this will help some as i try to share my mistakes and findings/fixes even though it isn't much

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: