Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Noob Gearbox/ECU question?  (Read 3343 times)
DflippinK

« on: November 11, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »

hey everyone... total newb here.. please correct me if i am screwing up... I have not even ordered a cable yet. I do have a question that i cant seem to find any answer for in my searching the site.. I am rebuilding my 20th ae gti. being that it is a 6 spd, i am curious if i am limited to using a 6 spd ecu. I snagged an 06A 906 032 HS out of a 5 spd to screw around with, but i am not sure if i will be able to swap them in and out.. Also, i would imagine that any maps on the test ecu would likely be based on load ratios for the 5 spd gearbox.. am i digging myself into a world of hurt even trying to swap these two???
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 05:18:14 AM »

It will work fine. All mk4 1.8t wideband ecus are 100% the same including auto at the hardware level. Calibrations and software versions are not the same.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
DflippinK

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »

Awesome!!! thank you Marty... spent all night last night reading into the early morning... couldn't find a definitive answer... but was getting overwhelmed with all sorts of other cool data till my eyelids gave up... I assume then that because they are all the same on the hardware level, i may be able to copy the stock file and immo from the car to the test ecu.. not sure of this.. but in my reading last night, it seemed doable via bootmode flashing the new ecu.. well... i think.. Lol.. i have a lot to learn.. Anyway, thanks the reply!!!.. this place is amazing!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: