Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ways to limit power/rpm/throttle on cold engine  (Read 2918 times)
curamrdan

« on: December 11, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »

Hello, did somebody tried to protect engine until warmup by some factory tables?

Now i have for a play MED9 car,  tried coolant based limiter same way as fuel cut launchcontrol descriebed on wiki fro ME7. Just TMOTNMX to 70degc and VNMX to 0. But rpm limit was still at NMAX value, its not released to NMAXOG after warmup or car movement. Is 0 for VNMX correct minimum value? - i want limit stationary and moving vehicle same way, of course.
Newer software version has map NMAXTMM which probably do it just by only its modification, but i have older version right now.
Similar with NMAXTO, this particular car, doesnt have oil temp sensor.

Also set lower KFFKRXTM at cold temps, but not tested yet due locked NMAX firsttime.  And this will allows to rev high with moderate load, i want to be more strict.

Is there any table, which can limit throttle plate openings according engine temp?
jcsbanks

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 04:31:45 PM »

There is a safety consideration if you do this to someone else's engine and the driver is not familiar if a different driver to normal or the vehicle is sold. If your own engine, or anyone with mechanical sympathy they don't need it.
curamrdan

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 01:54:34 AM »

There is a safety consideration if you do this to someone else's engine and the driver is not familiar if a different driver to normal or the vehicle is sold. If your own engine, or anyone with mechanical sympathy they don't need it.

Of course, this is rare occasion, i will not try to describe or justify it why as i have the mechanical sympathy...

Ecu have some sings that is capable of it, so searching for more info and experience.
adam-

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 06:48:02 AM »

They used to take my keys in my old place and go into the car park and skud it off the limiter from cold.  Turning it on stopped this.
n14

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 09:41:22 AM »

If MED9 has multiple conversion tables for driver pedal angle to torque request (e.g. for normal and sport mode) you could use this to permanently reduce power output in "normal" mode. Not exactly the solution you want, but more safe in my opinion. As jcbanks already said, it can be really surprising when car suddenly has more power than expected before...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:51:44 AM by n14 » Logged
curamrdan

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »

Dont worry, in not making this for a blonde girlfriend.

N14: this is 2.0tfsi car, these as far as know, never has sport button so probably any try to wire something is not possible or?  And overall its not capable of what im looking for.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: