Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think maybe its time for me to catch up.  (Read 2066 times)
JD

« on: December 15, 2018, 09:43:44 AM »

BENZIN ME7.1.1
I have been searching for immo info on an Audi ECU that I have been into.
I use several ECU's most 2003 and prior for a Boxster light track and daily. 4.2l Audi V8.
In the past I would lift eeproms, program immo off and reinstalled chip.
Now I have opened a 3rd generation immobilizer for chip lift - 2004 BOSCHE 4E0 907 560 (brain for an 04 A8 automatic).
{side note- BOSCH 4D0 907 559E ME7.1.1   I use for manual trans on a 04 BFM engine} last V8 with belt drive cams.
Well, this unit either bricked or the mapping is looking for immo or it is stuck in program, I will find out??
This bricked unit was to be my engine run stand basic ECU, not heavily needed but would be nice
I wish to learn and operate all I can on this "frankinstien car".
It has come along beautifully but only has value to me and nobody will want to work on it.
Kind of like a high maintenance marriage.

I have one question,
1) Is chip lifting becoming old school now? I'm finding a lot of vague info on flat out programming without lift.

Thank you for reading.
RBPE

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:04:27 AM »

Bit of a loss in the English translation but........

* You should be able to do any ME7.1.1. over OBD nowadays, even with clones, so yes, chip removal is somewhat obsolete nowadays as a method to do them! That comes down to the tools you use at the end of the day!
* With the changes in ecu development/evolution, the 711's can be problematic with all the free stuff on here, only a matter of time before they evolve though, so you'll get Nefmoto stuff doing it all automatically soon when the coders get around to it!
* If your ecu is remapped it could have safety protocols on it to stop some tools from reading/writing easily, depends on the tools and protocols though! Flash on stock file if need be then modify that.....

Once you get through the reading/writing stages there's tons of information on here to modify your ecu...  Grin
JD

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »

Thank you Mr RBPE, your English is perfect by the way.
Your answer was very valuable and I am acting on that.
I will begin study, now on something that I know exists.
Also, with enough time inside NefMto I think most questions have at some time been answered in great detail.
I got lucky and asked a new one, or maybe I asked it in a different way.
In any case I am exited from getting an experts view with a fully understandable explanation.
For valued reading, to me, NefMoto is a top sellor.
Thanks all and have a great holiday season.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: