Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MINI R53 supercharched change ECU vorm Siemens EMS2000 to MS5150  (Read 5221 times)
R53Chip

« on: December 20, 2018, 11:03:17 AM »

Hi Community,

after finishing the complete overhaul of the engine and tuning, I have the issue to change the ECU´s.
The origin is the EMS 2000 and should have normaly the 200hp JCW on it.
I´d like to change to the FacLift ECU Siemens VDO MS5150 which I bought in used condition with EWS and key´s.

because of my lack in digital knowledge, I hope I can find assistance here in the board.

Both ECU´s are read out with a cheap galletto via OBD. The Files are in the attachment.
Found in the HxD Line 0x7000 - 0x70050 remarks about EWS.
I´d like to get the MS5150 in virgine and program to the MINI.
Reading a lot´s of posts, I know, I have to change these data´s and the VIN.
But I have no knowledge how to. And then is there the Theme with the checksum´s. I´d not like to Brick the ECU.
Could you please give me a hand, how to handle?

Thanks for assistance
Touring_Rob

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 02:52:09 AM »

Hi Adrian,

big thanks for your assitance and nice File.

BR
Nik

Hi all,

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I am in a similar position.

I have an R53 with an EMS2000. I have just bought a cheap MS5150 (without EWS, or key). Can you tell me if this tool is the right choice for making full reads and writes:

https://www.obd2shop.co.uk/wholesale/latest-version-v54-fgtech-galletto-2-master-bdm-tricore-obd-function.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkOqZBhDNARIsAACsbfKlS8S0BUzIa7Oc4UJInKdVEip5EGwosSLFAxxAaIBAu7Nq1QwjCCEaAmwJEALw_wcB

Is there a better choice?

I believe I have found good instructions which will let me place the MS5150 in boot mode, and by setting various lines in the read to 0xff I can disable/remove the EWS which should let the car start? From here I would like to load up a stock JCW 210 map.

Right now my preface lift mini (without tune) has:
17% supercharger pulley
Newman cam
Dave F airbox modification
eBay intercooler (which on track, in the middle of summer, much to my amazement seemed to work well!)
380cc injectors

My issue is that the car seems to run pretty rich, now that colder weather is on us I suspect it will be even richer. I have just ordered an AEM wideband to confirm, my suspicion is that any areas where the car is operating in open loop, probably start up and full throttle will be pretty rich?

Cheers!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: