Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "surging" boost  (Read 2313 times)
dilly

« on: December 20, 2018, 09:23:22 PM »

i use the word surging as in almost oscillating boost at higher rpm usually above 4800-5k.
while driving spiritedly, i notice the boost almost cutting down then back then down then back..almost feels like clutch slip..but it isn't. i have used my ecu and my spare one on both my car and a friends and both ecus do the same thing on both cars.
i remember seeing something similar on here but i cannot find it
i have been looking through the file and noticed that the desired load is higher than max specified. but the desired doesn't make sense to me considering i am using the basic conversion of load to psi ( load x 10 - 300 mbar -1000(atmospheric, i am sea level) ) and doing that i get 23 psi which afaik a ko3s cant hold 23 psi
am i just requesting too much boost and the ecu is blocking the request due to a max spec'd below that amount?
 am i answering my own question here? would i just lower the desired and raise the max to match?

forgive me if i should have posted in noob section.
thank you
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »

i i am using the basic conversion of load to psi ( load x 10 - 300 mbar -1000(atmospheric, i am sea level) )

I swear I should remove that from the wiki. I regret it every time.

Also, post logs.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dilly

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 11:39:42 PM »

I swear I should remove that from the wiki. I regret it every time.

Also, post logs.

if i have time i will log tomorrow
im not using the conversion for a definite value, just ballpark. just the numbers dont add up when the car only peaks 17 psi
but i am new so i will learn
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 11:42:16 PM »

if i have time i will log tomorrow
without logs, everything is a waste of time

im not using the conversion for a definite value, just ballpark. just the numbers dont add up when the car only peaks 17 psi
but i am new so i will learn

17psi actual or request?

See also logging, above. There is zero expectation that they are the same if this is literally the first file you've written.

Don't bother doing any runs if you aren't logging.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:47:58 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: