Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi A4 Cluster Failure  (Read 3185 times)
claytech

« on: January 07, 2019, 05:59:36 AM »

I have an issue with a newly acquired 2005 A4.  The battery died, I jumped it off, and the now the immobilizer is engaged.  Originally, the cluster lit up fine and said SAFE.  However, now I have no info center, no gauges, and No CEL, only Airbag and ABS lights.  The car will crank for 2 seconds and shut off.  A general scan tool appears to communicate with everything except the cluster.  Someone online said the IMMO data is corrupt in the cluster.  He could reconstruct from the ECU and replace the cluster.  They want around $600 w/a replacement cluster.  Does this sound correct?  Is this something I could do myself with some assistance from the forum?  This is a new car for my son and I really need to get it going.  Oh yea, about a day or so before the info center went completely out, it said "press clutch pedal...."  I thought that was strange since it was an automatic.  Any help would be appreciated.  If it makes more sense to pay the guy, I will, but if it's something that's relatively painless, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.  Thanks,
claytech

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:12:46 AM »

To be completely honest, it would be awesome to just defeat or "turn off" the IMMO altogether is possible.  Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
dilly

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 07:22:55 PM »

I have an issue with a newly acquired 2005 A4.  The battery died, I jumped it off, and the now the immobilizer is engaged.  Originally, the cluster lit up fine and said SAFE.  However, now I have no info center, no gauges, and No CEL, only Airbag and ABS lights.  The car will crank for 2 seconds and shut off.  A general scan tool appears to communicate with everything except the cluster.  Someone online said the IMMO data is corrupt in the cluster.  He could reconstruct from the ECU and replace the cluster.  They want around $600 w/a replacement cluster.  Does this sound correct?  Is this something I could do myself with some assistance from the forum?  This is a new car for my son and I really need to get it going.  Oh yea, about a day or so before the info center went completely out, it said "press clutch pedal...."  I thought that was strange since it was an automatic.  Any help would be appreciated.  If it makes more sense to pay the guy, I will, but if it's something that's relatively painless, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.  Thanks,
you can do what your "guy" said he wants 600$ for a fraction of what he charges.
buy the simple ftdi cable you find all over ebay and pull the immo pin and either write new software to the cluster
or buy a new junkyard/ebay cluster and adapt it
or read and write new software with same immo data onto new cluster

also, a general scan tool usually dont have any functions except ecu/tcu comms
do you have something different like a snap on solus or what
cessnas

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:23:49 PM »

I had the exact same problem on my 2002 A4 yesterday! For some reason, unplugging the instrument cluster and plugging it back in got it working again.
You should try the same, it takes 5 min to do and is an easy job.Have no idea why it worked on mine but it did for some reason
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: