Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nefmoto Flasher (security blocked) Galletto (only in boot mode) B6 S4 Reflash  (Read 4999 times)
bamofo

I have successful reflashed both EEPROM and EPROM but only in galletto boot mode. I bought a second ECU after trying to reflash 800BB in galetto (without bootmode) it writes the whole rom, i can read it back and its fine... But when i give it the 20 seconds to update the EEPROM it screws it all up and wont start. When i just do boot mode, no problem other then i have to open the ECU to make adjustments which is a PITA. PITA aside though there must be other people reflashing 7.1.1 with nefmoto and my question comes after these facts.

1) I have an ECU that had a (unitronics) reflash on it (old)
2) I bought a new ECU that was stock (Rom compared to stock rom i got off here)
3) I updated the Immo and the rest of the EEPROM and bootmode flashed that.
4) Car started on new ecu.

When i go to reflash with nefmoto it says security access denied. on both ECU's. But again i thought from my reading that if i could bootmode a new EEPROM / Eprom on the car that i know was stock these issues would go away...  Am i missing something because i thought the security gateway was on the ECU and only related to EEPROM and/or Eprom.....

I dont mind limping through this bootmode reflash method as its way the heck faster... but i also cant use nefmoto to log which is my next big issue.. (AVCS isnt logging correctly in Rosstech)

I know my buddies B6S4 was reflashed successfully but idk if they used MPPS/nefmoto/galletto....

Any advice would be great or where i should look next?
aef

3) you copied too much from the unitronic i guess
skc would be enough to start the car, rest of the eeprom is some unitronic copy protection shit maybe

are you running stock flash or unitronic flash?

nefmoto software logs maybe? where does it say security access denied?
any aftermarket head unit or other kline noise in there?
bamofo

3) you copied too much from the unitronic i guess
skc would be enough to start the car, rest of the eeprom is some unitronic copy protection shit maybe

are you running stock flash or unitronic flash?

nefmoto software logs maybe? where does it say security access denied?
any aftermarket head unit or other kline noise in there?

Currently im running the new EEPROM with Only the following updated (i redid it after you said this to confirm)

VIN
SKC
Immo ID
Cluster Code

I ran it through the eeprom check sum fixer. Then I reflashed EEPROM thinking maybe i did copy too much. Car starts but still has security access issues...

Rom - 0030 rom not the original 0010 rom but its a rom off an unlocked ECU that I have here. There is no section in FF that says noread or noretune

Both are attached here so you can see them if that helps...

I am granted Security Access for a write, but unable to upload and unable to confirm memory module. on Logging it says security access issues when i go to start logging. it connects to the ECU on slow init though.
aef

post screen or log from nefmoto flasher software
bamofo

post screen or log from nefmoto flasher software

Attached. Console is what i see on the screen, Log is the logs from just what i did now.

Thank you again aef btw..
nyet
Administrator

10/Jan/2019 11:56:52.963: USER: Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

10/Jan/2019 11:56:52.963: USER: Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.

But to my knowledge the new ECU/EEPROM software has not been reflashed by an aftermarket company... unless this new ECU i got is also mapped or was mapped at sometime...

Im positive the ROM is not aftermarket... which only leaves the EEPROM messed up still.. Is there a way to prove a part of the EEPROM is still corrupt from stock?
nyet
Administrator

It could be that ECU is simply not supported by NefMoto.

Tuning the b6 is pretty much a waste of time, so not many people have really made sure they all work.

IIRC there are also some ME7.1.1 ECUs that are ST10 based that are known not to work with NefMoto

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
bamofo

It could be that ECU is simply not supported by NefMoto.

Tuning the b6 is pretty much a waste of time, so not many people have really made sure they all work.

IIRC there are also some ME7.1.1 ECUs that are ST10 based that are known not to work with NefMoto

I guess i will have to wait for my buddies ECU to go back to stock. its been reflashed with NefMoto in the past... successfully without boot mode. I just really wanted to understand what i was doing wrong if anything.
nyet
Administrator

Is there a way to prove a part of the EEPROM is still corrupt from stock?

The only part that matters is the IMMO part. If the car starts and runs with no immo problems, and the ECU flash is stock, it should work with NefMoto (if the ECU is not ST10).

ECUx Plot

bamofo

The only part that matters is the IMMO part. If the car starts and runs with no immo problems, and the ECU flash is stock, it should work with NefMoto (if the ECU is not ST10).

Can you link me to a place to read about ST10 so i can confirm / deny if thats the issue?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: