Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AVCS/VVT Emissions Overlap question - ME7.1.1 +  (Read 2242 times)
bamofo

« on: January 11, 2019, 05:11:20 PM »

Ive been logging more successfully the B6S4 and ran into what i thought was a logger issue but ended up being a function inside of the closed loop setup to ramp intake AVCS up to 50 degrees after throttle settles and your cruising. Ive seen it on many other cars for emissions and MPG to double burn the fuel... on the B6S4 and im sure anything else of this age the Knock sensors wake up, especially on the back cylinders and i cant control how quickly it goes in and out of this mode, nor can i find a map to turn it off... so its polluting my pulls and tuning progress.

Question - Is there a codeword for Emissions related AVCS ramping?

Ive tracked through this rom in WinOLS and i cant even see any raw 16bit values in the area of AVCS that look like an "optimal" map to 50 degrees...

The only thing i was thinking was trying to force the AVCS system to never go into closed loop. I see a few tables that might do it... but any advice before i start flashing random maps to see if it helps would be fantastic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: