Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Beginners starting point for setting up the Boost PID TT BAM Hybrid  (Read 14434 times)
stuartdean

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2019, 04:18:02 PM »

information overload Smiley  all these map changes are in the evening and a run on the way to the office so apart from the weekends I cannot make a load of changes and runs.

I have done a run after applying the LDRAPP Tool changes based on the current setup I have (I have read other people only going to 30-40 WGDC)  now this is not hitting the max limit I set now which is excellent, and I reduced the timing advance in the 130-191 Load 4500-5500 by 5 degrees this previously was on the knock limit but now virtually nothing - which is good I will push it forwards a little bit more.

when you say no point in going over 1.5bar is this because the damage / risk is raised for very little benefit?  there are K04 Hybrids hitting 400BHP nowadays (this one obviously wont) but currently I am only at the same level I was with a stage 2 map + 80mm intake, air filter, downpipe, FMIC, stock turbo, stock rods, stock injectors - if you are suggesting a hybrid, forged rods and £260 of supertech inconel exhaust valves are only good for 275BHP - I will spread the word and save hundreds of people thousands of £'s upgrading Wink

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2019, 04:28:52 PM »

Mostly so you do non-5120 tuning before making the leap. On thing at a time.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2019, 08:10:18 PM »

There is no k04 which gives you 400bhp on a non tfsi engine
Simply because of a small turbine a/r = high backpressure.  No matter which wheels are used,  a/r always stays the same
Its a 9 deg timing for now, how do you think what happens @1.6 bar for example? 4 deg? Useless with stock CR and non racing fuel
You can try to raise the pressure after 4k (pretty safe for rods)  and watch for airmass / iat / egts etc changes

Your wg is overtightened,  another simply rule here - take a spring which gives you ~90% wgdc @redline with specified pressure. In that case you have a 90% range to operate (not 29% you have)

Its a weird thing also to tune timing with an kfzwop2
Use kfzw for that
Kfzw2/kfzwop2 used when nws active (1800-3000rpm on your engine)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 08:22:26 PM by fukenbroken » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2019, 09:38:10 PM »

Also take a look at the k04 compressor map. Running over 2.5 P/R is pointless.

And I'm baffled why you took a screen shot of KFZWOP
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:40:22 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stuartdean

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 04:56:02 PM »

There is no k04 which gives you 400bhp on a non tfsi engine
Simply because of a small turbine a/r = high backpressure.  No matter which wheels are used,  a/r always stays the same

Thanks for your advice.

Badger5 AET380
https://badger5.co.uk/turbo-exhausts/k04-380-hybrid-k04-package-gen2-chinafold-aet-k04-380-v2-2-tipexchangespecial-order
with dyno's over 400BHP on his AUM 1.8T Lupo

most AET380 fitments on TTForum / ASN are around 360-380

also I think TTE make some turbo's closing in on these figures too, but they have a K04-64 frame instead of a K04-23 so unfriendly to a quattro 8N / 8L especially in the UK

thanks for the extra details,  I actually dropped all those timing maps (in that area) - but returned to stock as I think it was a fluke not to get timing retard in my test run, as I had also reduced the load in that map too.

I need to do some more reading Smiley  Like I said I am happy with the fuelling it is following my LAMFA Map and I have a safe BTS map to fall back on.  Other than that it is just inching forwards, then backing off again Smiley - but as advised now quite a bit releasing some actuator pre-load will hopefully give some more control and a recognisable PID - as I did change the axis to 0,4,8,12,20,30,40,50,90 to suit my LDRAPP Tool runs

I will look to reduce the actuator pre-load to give a wider range in control

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: