Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: ME 7.5/MED9 turbo PID enable  (Read 17251 times)
turbojohan

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2019, 01:14:53 AM »

I run TT 3.2 Turbo with EMU Black.
All works really well, also ESP torque interventions close throttle etc.
It is a lot easier and you can easy use extra features like egt control (and other safety features), boost by gear, tractioncontrol, LC etc
I've worked with ECUmaster on the DSG protocol and i can say it i works really well.
Not completly as perfect as on stock ecu, but for aftermarket ecu it controls DSG extremly well.
I run 3.2x sec 0/100 without launchcontrol on low boost using stock gearbox on 17bar.

Johan
prj

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2019, 08:56:29 AM »

I run TT 3.2 Turbo with EMU Black.
All works really well, also ESP torque interventions close throttle etc.
It is a lot easier and you can easy use extra features like egt control (and other safety features), boost by gear, tractioncontrol, LC etc
I've worked with ECUmaster on the DSG protocol and i can say it i works really well.
Not completly as perfect as on stock ecu, but for aftermarket ecu it controls DSG extremly well.
I run 3.2x sec 0/100 without launchcontrol on low boost using stock gearbox on 17bar.

Johan

ECUMaster does not have torque structure, the DSG "control" is like an infant child right now.
You are describing this a lot better than it really is in real life Smiley

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2019, 09:11:39 AM »

Only on paper or for dragracing and I say this as an EcuMaster dealer.
There is no torque interface in EcuMaster, sure it can provide a stream so the box can shift, but it shifts like crap.
All R32 engines are ME7.1 and ME7.1.1 period. Just because some random pamphlet says otherwise does not make it true.
You know what's worse than ignorance? Being ignorant of ones ignorance, that's you btw.

If that is the case and the 2 papers are indeed wrong , then my bad, sorry!
But you know what is more annoying ??

"Elitists" or should I say veterans , people like you responding to 1st ever posts like : "hey please give me stage 3 + launch control now now readily made"  but when somebody asks a legitimate tuning / software question 0 answers for days and "smaller" people come in to help. I dont know I just felt like that a couple times..

Nothing more to add on TT 8j and Yes there are me7.1.1 c167 and me7.1.1 st10f based ecus.

Me7.5 can not control the TT vr6 engine cause not only the ecu hardware is insufficient but the amount of changes you need to do on the wiring are extreme.

There is a member here that has installed the emu ecu and made it work with the dsg so he might respond in the next messages Smiley.

He is actually working with the developers to make it function better then it was working before.

In my case (TT 8j ME7.1.1 st10f) ecu works fine in forced induction once you figure out what lambda setup you will need(Stereo or Mono) and do the appropriate changes for this.

A good advanced boost controller could take care of your needs or someone could implement his boost control algorithm (PRJ for example) and you could add up a N75 to your oem ecu.

If gt-innovation.de is your website thanks for writing quite detailed description about the projects you work on. Very cool !

I also messaged Audi Germany if any VR6 ever came with me7.5  in any model , but they need my full postal adress, telephone and all that jazz Lol.
turbojohan

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2019, 10:03:52 AM »

ECUMaster does not have torque structure, the DSG "control" is like an infant child right now.
You are describing this a lot better than it really is in real life Smiley

On normal ecu torque is MDI x MDnorm, on EMU works the same only it has no KFMIOP etc and MDI is linear to MAP.
It not perfect but good enough to drive really well.
It does revmatch on downshift etc. only it does blip and revlimit. Motronic has better control to match rpm faster.
Of course you can't beat OEM..
prj

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »

On normal ecu torque is MDI x MDnorm, on EMU works the same only it has no KFMIOP etc and MDI is linear to MAP.
It not perfect but good enough to drive really well.
It does revmatch on downshift etc. only it does blip and revlimit. Motronic has better control to match rpm faster.
Of course you can't beat OEM..

As I said, not torque structure. MAP does not mean torque, far from it - needs ignition angle efficiency calculation as well.
For drag race or weekend it's fine, for normal driving car not so much.

Log your car properly.
gt-innovation

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 02:34:20 PM »

If gt-innovation.de is your website thanks for writing quite detailed description about the projects you work on. Very cool !

I also messaged Audi Germany if any VR6 ever came with me7.5  in any model , but they need my full postal adress, telephone and all that jazz Lol.

Hey yes that`s me..

Well the response is that no..it never came out..it can be verified by half of the members of this forum so no sweat..If any existed commercially we would have rushed to crack it down much sooner..
turbojohan

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 03:06:24 AM »

As I said, not torque structure. MAP does not mean torque, far from it - needs ignition angle efficiency calculation as well.
For drag race or weekend it's fine, for normal driving car not so much.

true...
But most tuned R32T's have no good torque model anymore  ;-)

prj

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 07:11:32 AM »

true...
But most tuned R32T's have no good torque model anymore  ;-)
If it's tuned like shit then of course it doesn't have torque model, doesn't have part throttle and so on.
But who is asking to tune it like that?

For correct control you just need boost controller working from ps_w, and you need to modify the throttle control a little so that ECU knows what base boost is.
Then encode the base boost into the throttle flow tables. After this all is done it drives like stock.

Log your car properly.
turbojohan

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2019, 07:16:55 AM »

of course, that's the best way to do it.
What i meant is that tuning a R32T is not easy and a lot of tuners mess up whole torque model.
For lot of people tuning it on EMU black is the easy way out.
Getting ME7 perfect is lot more work.
But of course perfectly calibrated ME7 will work lot better with DSG!

prj

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2019, 09:04:07 AM »

That's because everyone who can press % in WinOLS is a "tuner" these days. Or nah, that's too retro - swiftec is the new shit. Don't even have to understand anything.

Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2019, 01:59:46 PM »

That's because everyone who can press % in WinOLS is a "tuner" these days. Or nah, that's too retro - swiftec is the new shit. Don't even have to understand anything.

What tf is Swiftec ? if that like ECM Titanium ?
turbojohan

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2019, 12:23:25 PM »

LOL, so true :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: