Pages: [1]
Author Topic: noob s4 ecu questions  (Read 2610 times)
dilly

« on: January 31, 2019, 08:24:37 PM »

forgive me lol.
i am starting to get into the b5 s4 stuff
i looked for a bit and i am possibly blind but question is how compatible are the ecu numbers cross flashing wise?
i understand the hitatchi and bosch maf issue but if the ecu has the same maf as the other one will the cross flash succeed?
ie. the car has a 551A ecu, will a 551M file flash etc..
thank you. again forgive me
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:29:35 PM »

It is a confusing topic, and it isn't always cut and dried, but for the S4 it is pretty straightforwards - all of the ECUs are (hardware) compatible as long as they have the same flash size.

For A6/allroad it is trickier because ME7.1.1 is not hardware compatible with ME7.1

http://files.s4wiki.com/stock/part-numbers.txt

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dilly

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 10:11:09 PM »

It is a confusing topic, and it isn't always cut and dried, but for the S4 it is pretty straightforwards - all of the ECUs are (hardware) compatible as long as they have the same flash size.

For A6/allroad it is trickier because ME7.1.1 is not hardware compatible with ME7.1

http://files.s4wiki.com/stock/part-numbers.txt

gotchya
 i won't be worried for the a6/allroad ecus/files as they wont apply to me. either way the info is nice to know
but the s4 info will be used
thanks a lot
dilly

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 12:29:21 AM »

okay @nyet
upon further searching, i assume (if you were to either get the plug and play adapter or hardwire it in) you can swap the different mafs out and use the appropriate values in each file

so for theory sake say an a box has bosch maf but m box has hitatchi, put hitatchi in the a box car and flash m box software?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 01:45:46 AM »

Yes to both

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dilly

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 08:09:32 PM »

Yes to both
sweet thanks for helping
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: