Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC17CP14 - Dieselgate Cheat System affecting Tuned Dyno FIgures?  (Read 4223 times)
199X

Greetings,

Can't find much written about this, but does the VAG EEPROM based defeat coding / 'acoustic curve' modification affect dyno-measured performance after tuning?  I've driven in a car that was perfectly smooth on the road, great torque and power,  I logged the car myself and the logs looked smooth, in a low down 3rd gear pull (1500 - 5000 rpm), the boost curve was flat, IQ curve and rail pressure / duration SOI were all smooth.

BUT, put the car on the dyno and the chart looks ridiculous, torque and power all over the place.

Just wondering if I'm alone in this suspicion or not.

From the official paper, InjCrv, Airctl and Rail functions can be affected by it.  It's really boggling me at the moment.  ESP was turned off in the run (as far as I know), and I have to assume the operator wasn't being malicious either.

Any info?

Figures on the top of the chart are the stock figures, it made 134 / 393 nm when tuned.  The logs correspond to the file on the car when it was on the dyno.  It's a 105 kw CR140 EDC17CP14 A3 2.0 TDI S-Tronic.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:12:59 PM by 199X » Logged
aef

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 05:17:34 AM »

Dynoplot?
fredrik_a

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 06:38:15 AM »

2WD Dyno with rear wheels stationary while front wheels are rotating causing massive skid control intervention?
199X

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 02:13:39 PM »

Dynoplot?

Added to original post.
199X

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 02:15:07 PM »

2WD Dyno with rear wheels stationary while front wheels are rotating causing massive skid control intervention?

Any way to turn that off other than pressing the ESP button?  It really seems like it's just not the same car at all when put on the Dyno.  It is a model that is affected by the Dieselgate coding scandal, which is why I was wondering if it goes into 'emissions testing mode' or if something else is at play.
aef

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 12:38:45 AM »

Your dynoplot is not useful.

There is no axis data and no drag power recorded.
Where u from?
199X

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 12:47:57 AM »

Your dynoplot is not useful.

There is no axis data and no drag power recorded.
Where u from?

It's not a great dyno, but it's not the first car that's been on there and this is the first one with such a great variance between logs/street performance and what the chart is showing.  The middle of the graph is around 3500 rpm, he didn't take a better photo so I can't post anything else.  The shape of the graph is what's confusing.  No such dip is present on the road.
ruan

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 11:22:03 AM »

Those logs from on the dyno or on the road, I think you're saying they were logged whilst it was on the dyno? You'd hear the changes in engine noise as IQ took a dump if that graph was genuinely correct - get whoever is operating the dyno to show you the logs of wtf is going on with the dyno, if a braked dyno, it should be able to show you the brake output and load cell measurements. Considering some of the antics I've seen from various dyno operators who are literally clueless, nothing would surprise me these days.

I'd currently go with bullshit dyno and/or inept dyno operator until otherwise proven wrong.

EDIT: The way the dieselgate "defeat device" cheat works would instantly detect a non-emissions testing scenario, it's based upon distance/time curves which coincide with various test cycles using upper and lower bounds which are pretty strict (later versions also added detection for steering wheel movement, lol), I'd wager it's highly, highly unlikely you'd hit those in a power run scenario...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:27:40 AM by ruan » Logged
199X

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 08:40:42 AM »

Those logs from on the dyno or on the road, I think you're saying they were logged whilst it was on the dyno? You'd hear the changes in engine noise as IQ took a dump if that graph was genuinely correct - get whoever is operating the dyno to show you the logs of wtf is going on with the dyno, if a braked dyno, it should be able to show you the brake output and load cell measurements. Considering some of the antics I've seen from various dyno operators who are literally clueless, nothing would surprise me these days.

I'd currently go with bullshit dyno and/or inept dyno operator until otherwise proven wrong.

EDIT: The way the dieselgate "defeat device" cheat works would instantly detect a non-emissions testing scenario, it's based upon distance/time curves which coincide with various test cycles using upper and lower bounds which are pretty strict (later versions also added detection for steering wheel movement, lol), I'd wager it's highly, highly unlikely you'd hit those in a power run scenario...

No it was logged on the road, unfortunately not logged on the dyno as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: