Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hesitation/hickup on acceleration, Spiking MAF Volt, Strange Coolant Temperature  (Read 9170 times)
ettla

A3 1.8t AUM 06A906032DK

Experiencing hesitation upon acceleration, almost like a "hickup" before it catches up each time i put my foot on the gas, there is also a delay after i press the pedal and the car starts moving.
From what i can see there is like a spike in the MAF signal every time i first touch the gas pedal, like the air starts rushing in the Maf,its really strange.

I should note that its a cheap China MAF sensor, if that could be the reason.. If a new BOSCH sensor could solve the problem i will def go that route.
Also there is this strange thing happening to the coolant temperature after i flored it for a few seconds, the engine temperature makes a dive from 90c to between 60c-70c before slowly climbing back up again...
I attach a log i made today with visualmelogger, hope someone with experience could review it and tell me whats wrong? i viewed it with Ecuxplot

Is it normal for the Wastegatedutycycle to go from 0 to 100 instantly when i touch the gas?

Also had codes:
p1297 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
This one always comes, i have stock DV

p0116 - ECT Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
This ones new, never seen it before today

p0562 - System Voltage Low
ive seen this one once before and cleared it, but it was -30c outside and hard to crank the engine that day.
Dont know about the low voltage code, if that was because i turned the ign and lights on long before i started the car previous to logging... if it comes back it could be a problem.

Heres my log: https://ufile.io/ug3wk
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:05:03 PM by ettla » Logged
ettla

Sorry trying to attach my log 17.3 MB to a reply but getting error saying:

"Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
No subject was filled in.
The message body was left empty."
ettla

Maf spiking picture as i cant upload LOG
Blazius

Upload it on a file sharing website then and post the link.
ettla

Oh, well thanks! Heres the LOG Smiley
Link is in first post now.

https://ufile.io/ug3wk
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:06:51 PM by ettla » Logged
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

Only bosch maf sensor will work fine.
ettla

Ok, thanks, what revision of the maf is the latest for my car? maf partnumbers start with 06A906461 But ending with Different Letters C,L or D i dont know which one is the latest and most revised version?

Also do you know anything about my coolant temp problem?
ettla

So i changed the Coolant temp sensor (G2 located here: https://images42.fotki.com/v738/photos/4/41970/1982850/G2coolantsensor-vi.png today). I logged the car afterwards but the problem percists.
I still see the same very strange behaviour of the logged coolant temperature (See problem description in previous post).
There are two separete logging values for coolant temperature and im logging both.
Are there multiple Coolant temperature sensors in my car? Could it be another one that is malfunctioning?

I thought maybe it could be the Thermostat thats sticking and it shot so i bough a new one.

It's still got the maf spiking and hesitation, btw i think its going really rich too when hesitstion happens, wonder why thats happening, Thats what i can tell from the logs atleast
Ordered new Bosch MAF 06A906461L today, lets see if that fixes my issues...

I got the check engine light again with 2 dtcs.
One beeing p1297 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!) again
And p0116 - ECT Sensor Circuit Range/Performance again
Light came on when car was cold directly after start after i changed cts. I think its p0116 thats illuminating the CEL

Are there more than 1 Coolant temp sensors?

New LOG: https://ufile.io/n8ua9
aef

Your coolant temperature is strange and -30 degree outside is strange too. Where are you from  Huh
What is the history in the car? Did some repairs or modifications lately? Maybe air in your coolant system?

I would recommend to use vcds, clear errors (also if there are no dtcs stored) and the check measurement blocks for water (think number 1 or 2) and 31 for lambda and 32 for fuel trims.

Your hickups may result from a leak in the pressure/vacuum system. If you pressure test your system and there are no leaks it can also be a well known softwarebug.
If the P1297 will come up after start on idle i would first do a software update because you are running SWVersion 0001. If the error persists there is a threshold to change in the software to prevent the ecu throwing this code.

If the cooland drops to 60 will you see this in the cluster gauge too?
ettla

Yeah It was Definately NOT -30 outside yesterday, maybe -10c as coldest I live in Sweden Btw Smiley

Ok so i got the car about 7 months ago, it had CEL with code for MAF abnormal signal and rear o2 sensor something error when i got the car.
Instantly checked the car with VCDS and the MAF signal voltage was stuck at 5V all the time with maf plugged in, and went to 0v when i unplugged it, so maf was broken.

I ordered a china copy MAF for 20 bucks, And a new rear lambdasonde.
I also did a small service and ordered: New air filter, Fuel filter, oil filter, New Engine oil, Oil drain plug, 4 Bosch 0242240593 spark plugs, Oil cap, Oil dipstick(was broken), New G2 Coolant temp sensor (got around to replacing it yesterday), Also completely new window lifts, left and right as they where broken. Interior air filter.

I have fitted everything i mentioned exept for the new fuel filter. And thats about it, otherwise i think the car is completely stock...
I should mention! That when i start the car in the morning when its maybe like -15Celsius or colder outside The Lcd in the instrument cluster says -214.6 degrees C outside temperature for about 30 seconds before it goes back to normal, maybe this has to do with my problems? wheres this temp sensor located? :O
Yes i see temperature drop rapidly from 90 to 60 in the instrument cluster gauge too...
ettla

The thing about the Software version/revision, how do i update it, or where can i find an updated bin or should i switch software altogether? I read my file from the ecu sucessfully yesterday with MPPS V13 i attached it. its the 0001 one i read from my car
I acctually downloaded another DK file from somewhere which compares differently to mine, i can attach that one too.

i can try to pressure test it too, as i have an air compressor, i just have to build a coupling to fit somewhere then. Just where do i fit the pressure tester, all the way on the turbo inlet pipe or after/before?

edit: I looked it up how to make a boost leak tester setup and its looking like i can just make it with parts i have at home already Smiley
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:05:06 AM by ettla » Logged
aef

had a quick look online, there is no newer revision for this ecu

try to find a "definitely" stock file and compare to yours.

both of your attached files are the same version so one of them (or both) are modified.
i didnt have a deeper look
ettla

Ok, good to know my file could have been modified previously, but could i flash another file from another ecu partnumber? Do you know anything thats "crosscompatible" to DK? Or should i maybe try the other one? It sucks that i dont even have a definition for my file...

I mean if i flash the other DK file, will i have problems with immo? Or do the flash bin have nothing to do with the immo 95040 chip?

Edit: i concluded my file is most likely completely stock, below.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:05:46 AM by ettla » Logged
ettla

So i checked a little closer under the hood for how i was going to go about making a boost leak tester and i found 2 huge pcv leaks pics attached.
Can they be the reason for the issues i have? I sealed the leaks by cleaning the pipes off and applying some elastic epoxy in the cracks and finishing it off with duct tabe, not professional but will do until i get new pipes.

ettla

I have downloaded all the original DK files i could find on here and compared against my read file. 2 of  the ones i compared against are identical to mine and 1 differs from mine. So my conclusion is i have a completely stock file in my ECU as most stock files are identical to mine.

I will try the car tonight to see if the sealing of the pcv system did any good for me Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: