Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Completely noob, and I want to do smthg interesting with my MY2011 GTI MED17.5  (Read 2510 times)
fgawly

I've been doing lots of reading for the past period
Been working in maintenance workshop of a Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, Ducati, Jaguar dealership
So I have a solid base of knowledge.

I've read and understood the bare minimum about tuning like AFR, Timing, Forced Induction, Fueling, Boost.

I got my copy of VCDS years ago. Started logging and got comfy with the values and their representation and I'm able to diagnose problems and fix them with my car.

Now, where should I go?
I'm trying not to invest in expensive tools as I won't be able to ever breakeven as hobbyist and I'm not willing to leave my job anytime soon.

I wanted to read the EEPROM of the ECU and Cluster and start to understand the MED17.5

Does anyone have any resources?
Where can I read more about it or how it works?
Do I need to understand the architecture behind it? How far?
I know that there's no official documentation so does everyone work by reverse engineering?

PS. I've a Computer Science degree if this will help. If anyone have any resources that would help me, please post it up!

Thank you so much pals. Ciao from Egypt!
aef

Dont buy anything, just read this.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=13597.0

bobbyz0r

Cheapest non-dodgy route is:
1) PCMFlash with the VAG MEDC17 TP20 module for read/write
2) WinOLS Demo (to help define maps) and transferring the maps manually TunerPro

There is sufficient info floating around to get most of the maps needed.
NBR

I agree with the guys above. You said you've picked up a decent understanding of internal combustion engines and the tuning thereof. Have a look at the FR nyet posted, download the test version of WinOLS and search for the MED17.5 damos/ols that's on this site. Look at the S4Wiki for starting points as some maps from the ME7.5 carry over to MED17.5. Reference the FR to expand those starting points and use the damos to see the values in the maps to give you a better understanding. Oh yeah don't forget that High Pressure Fuel control is introduced in MED Ecus, so look for HDR modules.

From there, as mentioned above, PCM flash with VAG MED17 module will be the most cost friendly option to flashing your ECU
fgawly

I was able to find damos for the CCZB 211hp Engine however I can't find the damos for the CCZA 200hp MED17.5, will I find it very different?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: