Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Has anyone successfully tuned a me5 (557P)?  (Read 32604 times)
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 05:28:02 PM »

I hope to contribute at some point to this thread for "educational" purposes. I have an older 557P Box with a tune on it. I have no problem de-soldering the chip, however I am not in a position to purchase a programmer for 1 chip as of right now. Is there any place around Baltimore City, MD that anyone knows where I could take the chip to be read? Or even better Bel Air, MD? I know people used to take chips to T.V./VCR repair shops when I was younger, but I think those days are long gone Undecided. I'm just not aware of any companies that use programmers?

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
pvl

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 05:49:50 PM »

@ rob.mwpropane :

Great proposal ! Only the programmer/chipadapter is essential to read it out. And not alot offer their services online in your neighbourhood as of this sadly Sad

I was thinking...  Do you have a M7.5 or M7.1  flashrom-socketed ecu laying around ? If yes, this might be the way to abuse it :

With the nefmoto software or Galletto or MPPS or other bootmode-capable usb-reader, under bootmode, read-out the content via the M7.x ecu of the other
flashrom ?  I know this is a very crude method, but this may very well work ! ?

Don't do this right away, as i need to see pin-compatibility between the 200 400 and 800 chip.  It was merely thinking up out loud... But perhaps a unorthodox
solution to get flashroms readed-out Wink

If another helpfull guy in rob's neighbourhood can assist with a real programmer, we'd also would be happy. Do chime-in guys, with thoughts and ideas !

PvL
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »

I never thought of that. What a great idea! In fact I do have a ME7.5 and a 557P both here along with all the soldering capabilities in one drawer. I have galletto clone, and am halfway through a bench flash set up/build.

Question; I downloaded galletto program from this site, should it just pick up the correct driver when I plug in the cable/ECU automatically?

**Just for the record, I'm not a fan of posting company tunes and taking professionals business, but at this point the tune really is ancient. It would be great for people to learn from. Hell, I would like to see what they did myself.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 06:30:09 PM by rob.mwpropane » Logged

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
pvl

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »

Hi,

Thinking 'out of the box' sometimes helps alot Wink

Emm, i was thinking. Galletto does a check perhaps, which minimon doesn't  (also capable of doing bootmode-reads)

I've added a screenshot of my software with the correct setting and a red box what should be instantly pressed.

But first, you should take your time, and finish the benchflash-harness. I already have that work done Wink

The idea about this way, is purely theoretical, but perhaps we can make it work in real-life to overcome the readout-
issue when we don't have a programmer laying around. It would be smashing, if it worked Smiley

And ofcourse, all stuff would be purely for education purposes. Thats what this site is also about, if i'm correct.

"I downloaded galletto program from this site, should it just pick up the correct driver when I plug in the cable/ECU automatically?" ->
direct windows to the folder where the galletto software is in, and there should be a Driverfolder inside that with the
right "ftd2xx.inf" file in it. thats the one to select, and then your install will be correct as of the driver.

The main software can be started right-away. (in my case NEW_SERIAL.exe)

I run winXP-SP3 btw. All other O.S'ses should make sure, they run the app as ADMIN !!!

Now hopefully my hack can be made working Smiley  I can also try this over here, but need to firstly solder-in a meritek chipsocket, and
desolder the 2 flashroms...

First some extra homework, if i didn't have overlooked something.... Theoretically, putting the processor into bootmode would give the
program access to read and write the flashrom without any moaning.

Getting back on this subject asap.

Greetings,

Pvl
ricekikr

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »

I think I found the rev limiter on the 5.9 files.

D02 file - 6D9C-6D9D and 23784-23785

A4 file - 1BAA0-1BAA1
gremlin

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

I think I found the rev limiter on the 5.9 files.

D02 file - 6D9C-6D9D and 23784-23785

A4 file - 1BAA0-1BAA1

Wrong answer...
6D9C (8-bit) = 250rpm - RMP hysteresis when tranny guard active
6D9D (8-bit) = 1 sec - time for automatic tranny converter guard

Another addresses is part of exe-code...
ricekikr

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 05:35:42 PM »

Oh crap  Sad

Any tips on where to find the rev-limiter? I just searched for 6500, and those were the only two spots with that value. There wasn't a 6800 value.

*file I'm interested in, posted below
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:44:28 PM by ricekikr » Logged
ricekikr

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 08:17:23 PM »

Is 743A for the 3.8.2 (clemens file) = speed limit on velocity error detection signal  = 6800 = NMAX = Rev limiter? - It's the only address labeled NMAX that has an RPM value.

If it is, I think I found the rev-limiter for the 5.9.2

And how exactly does ME3.8/5.9 set rev-limit? - I've been getting mixed info, from reading and directly from guys that seem to be in the know (is it calculated or is there a set RPM like in every other type of ECU)

EDIT: 743A is the same address that PVL posted on page 2.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:42:42 PM by ricekikr » Logged
ricekikr

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 03:09:58 AM »

9563 - TVUB - Voltage Correction (3.8.2 Clemens file)

As per S4 tuning manual - TVUB should be Voltage Correction for Injectors.

How come the voltage scale is 2.04 - 1.97 - 2.04 - 1.97 - 2.04. Shouldn't it be rising or falling not back and forth?

And how do I set the X/Y axis in tuner pro, it looks all messed up. I skip the Descriptor and Map Size Identifier, then put in the Start address as the next address besides the Map Size identifier. It looks no where near what WinOls is displaying (factor and offset applied)
Stuffy

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »

Thanks again  Grin

I'm trying to make an XDF file for ME5.9.2

Are the offsets in the ME3.1 manual applicable for ME3.8.2/3 / 5.9.2

Ignition Advance = Factor .75 Offset -22.5 = I assume this is in Degrees
Fuel correction start point is still 128. So X-128 = Y; is Y in %?

And how does one set the X and Y axis labels. It's like XDF is getting them from different parts of the file, eventhough I set start point to the same point as Winols. Right now I'm entering them manually. Just copying the Winols labels.

This might happen to be an old thread, but where do I find the ME3.1 manual? You can't really search for it, as it comes up with anyhing that contains "ME3".

Thanks
eliotroyano

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »

This might happen to be an old thread, but where do I find the ME3.1 manual? You can't really search for it, as it comes up with anyhing that contains "ME3".
Thanks

You can find a really nice M3.1 tuning guide with lots of info about it here --> http://www.ecuconnections.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=867&sid=214bb026236cce504b76ab1af6f3b52e
neonhomer

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »

Been reading this thread, because I am interested in tuning the 557P for my 99 Passat with the AEB. I actually have a spare ECU for it (bought from a member on PassatWorld for $20).

I have a bench harness made, and have successfully read it using VCDS Lite. I also have a MPPS v13 cable, but from there.. I am not sure where I am going.

I know the ECU is a 8D0907557P, which should be a ME5.9.2. I have seen some differences in versions... D02, D03, D04, etc etc... Mine is a D04 (according to the sticker on the front).

I downloaded PVL's D04 file, and open in in WinOLS, and it asks me info about the vehicle. I put it in, but I don't get the list of "toggles" on the left.

I think I need a crash course in WinOLS....

My goal is to be able to do some minor things like rear O2 delete, mild tuning for exhaust mods, etc. Nothing major. I have this spare ECU to practice with, so if I do kill it, I still have the original ECU to put back in the car to run it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: