Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Problems with AFR  (Read 16093 times)
Blazius

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »

by Lambda control you mean fr_w? or lambda PIDs (dlahi_w ;dlahp_w)?
Something is wrong with this turbo, because it is overboosting really much.
I tried with stock (only KRKTE), but turbo is so much overboosting that I can't do nothing and it really behaves similar. First of all I will try to find out where is problem with it.

What do you mean overboosting lol... your N75 should be controlling the WG(if its stock setup... no info on this- hybrid what? k16/k24 comp wheel, turbine etc...or wat), if WG is open there is no way the turbo can build boost or spinin' too fast. I'd do what nyet said, stock soft, with krkte/tvub adjusted to new injectors and get idle /trims right then other stuff.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »

If his wastegates aren't opening, though, nothing is going to work.

The whole "really huge turbo" thing on these tiny little high compression motors just never works right. No boost until 5000 rpm, then wgdc of 20%, then out of injector or getting tons of knock.

Waste of time for 99% of builds.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »

by Lambda control you mean fr_w? or lambda PIDs (dlahi_w ;dlahp_w)?
Something is wrong with this turbo, because it is overboosting really much.
I tried with stock (only KRKTE), but turbo is so much overboosting that I can't do nothing and it really behaves similar. First of all I will try to find out where is problem with it.

Cut back your wgdc significantly. Hell just disconnect the n75 until you get your fueling right.

Dollars to donuts, though, you have a major hardware issue with those fueling issues.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kaross

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2019, 05:03:46 PM »

Turbo is K04 hybrid with billet wheel.
Wg spring could be really hard and then N75 doesn't play big role. Ithanks for suggestions. Will search mechanical part. Any thoughts about my file?
Blazius

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2019, 05:16:06 PM »

If his wastegates aren't opening, though, nothing is going to work.

The whole "really huge turbo" thing on these tiny little high compression motors just never works right.

Waste of time for 99% of builds.

Yeah I guess, but there are some build/setups that can work. For example this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOPvRK49Siw

GT30x with eliminator kit(which is what I'llbe running but custom made  Grin), and it fully spooled by 4k ish RPM that is not too bad(assuming the vid is legit), 3.5k -6800 rpm is pretty good but I get some people dont want higher spooling turbos  Cheesy
kaross

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »

So I found my fueling problems. All this mess is because of fault: 17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve.
At first I deleted it and then rised rpm limit by LKVDKNMN. And then AFR was going really lean as you can see in logs. I put it back stock and all is fine with fuel. Just at first start car is in some kind of limp mode. N75 duty cycle stays all the time 5%. When I restart the car fault is still active, but no limp, fuel matches LAMFA and N75 duty cycle is normal like it should be. I am going nuts with this problem.

Second problem now is overboosting really hard. I tried to lower values in KFLDIMX and KFLDRL, but this doesn't help much. As I understand from reading forum I need to change boost PIDs: KFLDRQ0, KFLDRQ1, KFLDRQ2. So I logged lditv_w; ldptv; ldrdtv. Any suggestions with which PID do I need to start? Log attached.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:06:32 PM by kaross » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 05:20:07 PM »

Your wg is totally nonfunctional. Modifying your PID will have no effect.

ECUx Plot

kaross

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2019, 12:56:23 AM »

so WG spring is too stiff.
any suggestions what to do with first problem - pressure drop. I have checked all piping and there is no problem. 90% of pipes are new. how to eliminate this fault? I have done many 1.8T, but never had this problem with this fault and AFR going so lean.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:19:59 AM by kaross » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2019, 01:20:12 AM »

You have 90 g/s and 1.5 bar pressure  Huh
prj

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2019, 04:20:34 AM »

https://kaross-chip.lv/
Latvian pro tuner tuning car on nefmoto Grin

This is not TDI, from what you wrote you have no idea how the ECU works, never mind basics.
Start with pressure testing intake.

Sorry I know I will get downvoted, but this is too funny.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2019, 04:23:42 AM »

https://kaross-chip.lv/
Latvian pro tuner tuning car on nefmoto Grin

This is not TDI, from what you wrote you have no idea how the ECU works, never mind basics.
Start with pressure testing intake.

Sorry I know I will get downvoted, but this is too funny.

Nice website though Cheesy
kaross

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 05:56:43 AM »

and what? If I can't find solution, I can't ask for help?
Intake is pressure tested twice + all piping is new.
prj

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2019, 06:15:08 AM »

and what? If I can't find solution, I can't ask for help?
Intake is pressure tested twice + all piping is new.

No you are offering professional service and posting things like this:
Modified KFMLDMX. LDRXN, KFDLULS, NMAX. KFMIZUFIL, KFMIZUOF
KFLDIMX and KFLDRL because it is overshooting boost.
KFMIRL stock. KFMIOP just little bit raised max load column.
Nothing unusual.

Shows you don't have a clue how this ECU works.

Posting stuff like this:
Second problem now is overboosting really hard. I tried to lower values in KFLDIMX and KFLDRL, but this doesn't help much. As I understand from reading forum I need to change boost PIDs: KFLDRQ0, KFLDRQ1, KFLDRQ2. So I logged lditv_w; ldptv; ldrdtv. Any suggestions with which PID do I need to start? Log attached.
Means you don't even know what a PID is. You also know nothing about ME7 boost linearization, which is actually accurately described on this forum.

It's different between asking specific question and being absolutely nowhere and offering people tuning for money.

It's like basic shit that you have no grasp about.
First step is to force 0 wgdc, and if it overboosts you have a hardware problem.
Second step is to log primary against secondary load and see what is going on there and which one is being used.
Third step is not to modify maps that you have no idea what they do and read more.
Fourth step with different turbo is to tune pre-control correctly.

TBH you should not be offering any tuning on ME7 platform or for gasoline cars in general until you do some learning, maybe it's just me, but this is disgusting.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:26:59 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
kaross

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2019, 06:34:43 AM »

at least I am not taking money for this. What can't be said about you. You are so arrogant, no wonder here in Latvia your reputation ins't very good. Not long ago you tuned one car from Latvia, got only 300+HP (1.8T) which was capable of 450HP and took 800Euros for this and told that it has mechanical problems. People was really mad, put on this car VEMS and after straight tune it got 430HP and 500Nm. You think it is normal? You will remember it. Audi A4 B6 with Borgwargner turbo. This is too funny. Your nose is up in sky. Instead of assaulting me you could show me right direction. I can read, I can invest time, I can pay for information. I am not asking anything for free, like - tune my file, show me map address or something like that.

And still back to topic. Already found that this is hardware problem. it is overboosting with 0%WGDC.
Which of these maps are related to my first problem? None. AFR problem is because I wanted to delete this fault: 17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve.
So my question is why and how ECU gets this fault. I have read before that this could be software bug, but not from proven source. I not that dumb, I have checked piping twice and that was first what I did, and 100% sure, there is no air leakage.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 06:37:29 AM by kaross » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2019, 07:20:22 AM »

at least I am not taking money for this. What can't be said about you. You are so arrogant, no wonder here in Latvia your reputation ins't very good. Not long ago you tuned one car from Latvia, got only 300+HP (1.8T) which was capable of 450HP and took 800Euros for this and told that it has mechanical problems. People was really mad, put on this car VEMS and after straight tune it got 430HP and 500Nm. You think it is normal? You will remember it. Audi A4 B6 with Borgwargner turbo. This is too funny. Your nose is up in sky. Instead of assaulting me you could show me right direction. I can read, I can invest time, I can pay for information. I am not asking anything for free, like - tune my file, show me map address or something like that.

And still back to topic. Already found that this is hardware problem. it is overboosting with 0%WGDC.
Which of these maps are related to my first problem? None. AFR problem is because I wanted to delete this fault: 17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve.
So my question is why and how ECU gets this fault. I have read before that this could be software bug, but not from proven source. I not that dumb, I have checked piping twice and that was first what I did, and 100% sure, there is no air leakage.

I dont know why you downvote me for saying you got a nice website but w/e..

Prj knows what hes talking about but again this is IMO he does say things "harshly" to put things that way..

i love drama
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: