Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Problems with AFR  (Read 16655 times)
prj

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 07:49:19 AM »

at least I am not taking money for this. What can't be said about you. You are so arrogant, no wonder here in Latvia your reputation ins't very good. Not long ago you tuned one car from Latvia, got only 300+HP (1.8T) which was capable of 450HP and took 800Euros for this and told that it has mechanical problems. People was really mad, put on this car VEMS and after straight tune it got 430HP and 500Nm. You think it is normal? You will remember it. Audi A4 B6 with Borgwargner turbo. This is too funny. Your nose is up in sky. Instead of assaulting me you could show me right direction. I can read, I can invest time, I can pay for information. I am not asking anything for free, like - tune my file, show me map address or something like that.
Nice info. Actually yes I remember this car.
And this car had about a million mechanical problems, from which many were fixed by us, but not everything.

A small list from things I remember:
* No fuel pressure
* Non functional boost control
* Wires (or fuel lines) going straight over exhaust manifold and would have molten down
* ETC

Did they tell you that 800 EUR included diagnostics, new fuel pump, changing it, new wiring, solenoids, pressure sensors and so on? I guess not. I did not even start to tune the car, only made it run with bigger injectors, set WGDC to 0 and gave it back as-is, because it had more issues. If it made 300hp like that without any tuning then good for them.
They did not want to pay me for work that the car needed (because 35 EUR per hour is so expensive for them), they said they want to fix everything themselves - I charged them dyno fees as well, as I had no idea if they will ever be back and said I'd subtract that if they are back in the future. Which they weren't.
The final log I have of this car shows it didn't make any boost - 90 WGDC, 0.7 bar boost.
I am not in the business to make mechanical repairs to cars for free.

Before you come and tell bullshit stories that you heard somewhere, make sure your information is actually correct. Because right now you are straight up lying. I have the invoice and the logs to prove it. You probably have not even seen this car.
Absolutely nothing wrong with my reputation over here either. The only thing is, that I am not cheap and I don't take jobs that I can't do right.

Btw I have a lot of clients from your country every year, especially for more difficult projects, because no one can do a proper job.
But it is funny to see that you come up with fabricated stories and personal attacks to cover somehow for the fact that you don't know what a PID is never mind how torque and primary/secondary load work in ME7.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:27:09 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
kaross

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2019, 08:57:49 AM »

I know people who did this car for Norwegian customer and I am one who told to go to you and tune it at your place, because really nobody in Latvia can do it. Also adjusted injectors so it can drive at least and can do test drive to go to Estonia. Your attitude to client is worst what I have heard and not from one man.
And I know 100%, that they didn't do anything after you. Just wired VEMS and tuned here in Latvia. Can show you even dyno sheet. I remember story about boost. With VEMS boost was back in place. Smiley. New turbo, new boost, valve, new piping - all was new. They make these engines every day.

I told you, that I am learning. Where is problem? You are teaching me how to live, what to do, what to tune, but at the same time have bigger problems with your attitude to anyone who knows less than you and attitude to your clients.
PRJ please, don't answer to my posts. I don't need your help. I don't understand anything.
spacey3

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 09:00:31 AM »

at least I am not taking money for this. What can't be said about you. You are so arrogant, no wonder here in Latvia your reputation ins't very good. Not long ago you tuned one car from Latvia, got only 300+HP (1.8T) which was capable of 450HP and took 800Euros for this and told that it has mechanical problems. People was really mad, put on this car VEMS and after straight tune it got 430HP and 500Nm. You think it is normal? You will remember it. Audi A4 B6 with Borgwargner turbo. This is too funny. Your nose is up in sky. Instead of assaulting me you could show me right direction. I can read, I can invest time, I can pay for information. I am not asking anything for free, like - tune my file, show me map address or something like that.

And still back to topic. Already found that this is hardware problem. it is overboosting with 0%WGDC.
Which of these maps are related to my first problem? None. AFR problem is because I wanted to delete this fault: 17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve.
So my question is why and how ECU gets this fault. I have read before that this could be software bug, but not from proven source. I not that dumb, I have checked piping twice and that was first what I did, and 100% sure, there is no air leakage.

Amazing... Claiming one of the most experienced members here has no clue  Cheesy Cheesy

God help yourself if you think you can do the job better than Prj!

Also, he clearly stated what needs to be done... Even after you started giving him shit, can't say fairer than that...
kaross

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 09:05:42 AM »

Where I am saying he has no clue? Clue about what?
I am just saying not to teach me how to live and what to tune. I am not taking money for job what I can't do. That's the difference. I don't know what was problem, why didn't he tune this car, but that's the fact, that with VEMS all went perfect. All his "problems" went away.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:08:15 AM by kaross » Logged
prj

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2019, 09:07:33 AM »

I know people who did this car for Norwegian customer and I am one who told to go to you and tune it at your place, because really nobody in Latvia can do it. Also adjusted injectors so it can drive at least and can do test drive to go to Estonia. Your attitude to client is worst what I have heard and not from one man.
And I know 100%, that they didn't do anything after you. Just wired VEMS and tuned here in Latvia. Can show you even dyno sheet. I remember story about boost. With VEMS boost was back in place. Smiley. New turbo, new boost, valve, new piping - all was new. They make these engines every day.

As I said - when the car left it did not make boost with CWMDAPP set to 8 and KLDRAPP set to 90%, if you want to be technical.
Client did not want to pay to look into it. So I did not. I charged for the work already done, and off they went.

As for everything being perfect on that car - far from it. The fuel pump was fitted by amateurs, just dropped at the bottom of the tank sucking in sand. That is why the pump fitted to it died before the car could be even tuned.
The wiring was shocking. There were things literally against exhaust manifold. One dyno pull and car would have burned down.
"They make these engines every day" - yeah right.

Fact of the matter is, those guys were super abusive, did NOT want to pay their bills after they brought car that had a huge array of faults and did NOT want to have it finished.
As I already said - I don't work for free, maybe you do, but I have better things to do with my life.

Clearly the tuning was the problem here:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:11:53 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
kaross

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2019, 09:41:52 AM »

nobody works for free. but there should be result what is worth money. I am just saying, I am not taking money for job what I can't do. You told that you changed solenoids, pressure sensors and car was still underboosting? How? With completely new turbo? new IC was bad or pipes?  Grin Car was at your place more than a week. They were abusive for 800 Euros, needless to say you were asking more than 1000Euros. For what? Diagnostics? Don't tell me what to tune and what to do, if you have bigger problems with your attitude and way how you treat people.
This conversion isn't in right place. I won't be writing anymore. Excuse me PRJ, you are assaulting people for nothing. YOU were starting this shit, not me.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:44:24 AM by kaross » Logged
prj

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2019, 09:56:40 AM »

You told that you changed solenoids, pressure sensors and car was still underboosting? How? With completely new turbo? new IC was bad or pipes?
No idea why there was no boost because the customer did not want to pay to find out and preferred to collect car.
Anyone who knows anything about tuning ME7 (I guess not you) can look at above screenshot and see for themselves that it is a problem that has nothing to do with the ECU, which you are referring to.

Car was at your place more than a week.
Sure, it was booked for a couple days for dyno tuning. Instead it needed two days of work to fix issues and my calendar was full with other work, like it is every summer. So I put it on my calendar to next free available date.
My shop fixed the screwed up wiring, changed the fuel pump, fixed the mess and damage in the fuel tank. This is what they were charged for + some dyno time because it is not my fault I get non-functional car.
They were abusive for 800 Euros, needless to say you were asking more than 1000Euros. For what?
Do you have reading comprehension problems? Do you think fuel pump is free? Do you think fixing someone's butchered wiring is free? Do you think fixing someone's destroyed fuel tank innards is free?
Do you think that 16 hours of work + fuel pump for 800 EUR is expensive? What is the problem exactly?

If you don't have money, then don't bring me the car to work on, simple. Find "Vasya" in garage who makes shit for 10 EUR/h. Like you Smiley
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:59:31 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
woj

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2019, 10:02:03 AM »

Damn, why don't I have popcorn at home...
Blazius

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2019, 10:08:10 AM »

Do you think that 16 hours of work + fuel pump for 800 EUR is expensive? What is the problem exactly?

IMO that is definitly on the expensive side, but then again it depends on the country and quality of work done.
prj

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »

IMO that is definitly on the expensive side, but then again it depends on the country and quality of work done.
At the dealer here 16 hours of work costs around 1200 EUR to put it in perspective.

Log your car properly.
Blazius

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2019, 10:18:33 AM »

At the dealer here 16 hours of work costs around 1200 EUR to put it in perspective.

then its cheap , there is no way around it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2019, 10:42:30 AM »

Can we get back on topic?

Log your car with N75 wire unplugged (or wgdc locked to 0 or 10)

Thanks.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2019, 10:46:15 AM »

Can we get back on topic?

Log your car with N75 wire unplugged (or wgdc locked to 0 or 10)

Thanks.

Yeah this, if it doesnt make boost, you either have a massive leak in intakepiping, or WG is stuck open aka doesnt let turbo build boost, or turbo is messed up.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »

Yeah this, if it doesnt make boost, you either have a massive leak in intakepiping, or WG is stuck open aka doesnt let turbo build boost, or turbo is messed up.

The problem is the opposite, he can't seem to control overboost.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2019, 11:00:14 AM »

The problem is the opposite, he can't seem to control overboost.

Ah aight.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: