Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Need help with stage 3 tune 1.8T , can't get enought load  (Read 32014 times)
BlackT

« on: March 13, 2019, 01:59:05 PM »

Go to page 5, where all mehanical and electrical problems are solved

First at all don't judge me and my setup, please  Roll Eyes
The engine is AEB, AWT ECU. Injectors 310 cc from AGU engine, MAF is from 2.5tdi with 3 inch housing, and MAP sensor is 2 bar from 1.9tdi. Turbo is K03 hibrid with K04 compressor wheel

Car starts, runs, pull with no isssues. Even the fuel trim's are great.  
On stock flash engine hold presure on 0.5 bar, MAF go to 125 g/s so everything what engine desire it get's. (In real world the presure is 0.8 bar and flow rate is around 170 g/s  Cool schh ECU doesen't know about that  Roll Eyes )

So for stage 1 tune I change LDRXN and LAMFA, but I only get 1-2 psi more than on stock flash. Actual boost doesn't follow desired, WG is at 70%
KFLDHBN as I can see is no problem
As I can see the ECU follow about 90% of KFMIRL, so do i need to change this map?
I don't have clue what to do next?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:29:47 AM by BlackT » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 02:32:58 PM »

You need more IMX

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 02:58:48 PM »

That make sense, thank you very much  Smiley . I will try it tomorrow. And post here results
prj

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 03:07:34 PM »

It's not a tuning problem I think.

You have on 6000 rpm 95% DC and only 0.55 bar boost.
A working K03 turbo at this DC should make around 0.9 bar boost if not more.

Also in the midrange, at 75% DC a standard K03 turbo will make 1.1-1.2 bar.

I would check for boost leaks, check dump valve is working etc.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 03:12:48 PM »

Here is an example WGDC vs actual boost chart from a car with everything working correctly.
I have dozens of them and they all look pretty much the same.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
BlackT

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 03:34:38 PM »

Also in the midrange, at 75% DC a standard K03 turbo will make 1.1-1.2 bar.

The MAP sensor is from 1.9tdi so it lie to ECU. The ECU read 0.55bar, but the real boost is around 0.9

Stock k03 will not go over 1 bar boost (even at peak) on AEB with front mount intercooler. At least not from my experience
This is K03-029 stock, big front IC, N75 connected to 12V all time
https://youtu.be/d2uKm-WbU9k
As you can see it can not produce to much boost. I try several more turbos(all in good shape) but there was no signifient difference.

Soo 1.2 bar on 75% WGDC with stock k03 is only possible in hot days with small intercooler, but that is not booost, it is hot air. Maybe I am wrong but that is my experience so far
Blazius

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 03:46:30 PM »

The MAP sensor is from 1.9tdi so it lie to ECU. The ECU read 0.55bar, but the real boost is around 0.9

Stock k03 will not go over 1 bar boost (even at peak) on AEB with front mount intercooler. At least not from my experience
This is K03-029 stock, big front IC, N75 connected to 12V all time
https://youtu.be/d2uKm-WbU9k
As you can see it can not produce to much boost. I try several more turbos(all in good shape) but there was no signifient difference.

Soo 1.2 bar on 75% WGDC with stock k03 is only possible in hot days with small intercooler, but that is not booost, it is hot air. Maybe I am wrong but that is my experience so far

Boost is boost regardless of its temperature. Yes cooler air at the same boost level will provide better perfomance. Also generally speaking a bigger intercooler "doesnt take" a ton boost away, it just increases lag a tiny bit but the pressure drop will be lower than a tiny one, depends on the quality, and design of it.

Why dont you calibrate the MAP to read actual ?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 04:09:56 PM »

This is inexcusable.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 04:16:38 PM »

On stock flash engine hold presure on 0.5 bar
but I only get 1-2 psi more than on stock flash.
The ECU read 0.55bar, but the real boost is around 0.9

Do the math  Roll Eyes

BlackT

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »

lso in the midrange, at 75% DC a standard K03 turbo will make 1.1-1.2 bar.

Now i looked under the hood
On my N75, the boost and WG hoses are switched,my bad. So first tomorrow I will put them to original state

Boost is boost regardless of its temperature. Yes cooler air at the same boost level will provide better perfomance. Also generally speaking a bigger intercooler "doesnt take" a ton boost away, it just increases lag a tiny bit but the pressure drop will be lower than a tiny one, depends on the quality, and design of it.

Why dont you calibrate the MAP to read actual ?
airdensity is matter. Colder air,less pressure is the same air density as hot air, high pressure. Generaly speaking... Of course there is formuls to calculate relationship.

If you have K03 and lets say it boost up around 1.2-1.3 bar the outlet temp is around 80-90C. If you cool down that air with big IC to around 20 C. You will have same density, but boost will drop beacuse colder air is schrinked.
I am sorry I can't explain it better beacuse that is what I can do with my englisch. But I think you get the point, hot air expands(as any other fluid), in closed sistem it build more pressure.

I didn't calibrate my MAP, beacuse for now there is no need to do it.

One more time I apologize if I am rude in some sentece. My englesich is not best, so sometimes it can look like I am rude or arogant. But that is not reallity, I really respect all you guys and everything you do
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »

Incorrect.

ECUx Plot

BlackT

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 04:45:02 PM »

Incorrect.
In future i have plan to calibrate MAF and MAP. When I have enought time and knowledge to do it. But for now the car is running realy fine. I know that is not by all rules, but if is it working why is so neccesery to do it?

Do the math  Roll Eyes

Sorry but i dont get it?
Blazius

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 04:51:36 PM »

Now i looked under the hood
On my N75, the boost and WG hoses are switched,my bad. So first tomorrow I will put them to original state

airdensity is matter. Colder air,less pressure is the same air density as hot air, high pressure. Generaly speaking... Of course there is formuls to calculate relationship.

If you have K03 and lets say it boost up around 1.2-1.3 bar the outlet temp is around 80-90C. If you cool down that air with big IC to around 20 C. You will have same density, but boost will drop beacuse colder air is schrinked.
I am sorry I can't explain it better beacuse that is what I can do with my englisch. But I think you get the point, hot air expands(as any other fluid), in closed sistem it build more pressure.

One more time I apologize if I am rude in some sentece. My englesich is not best, so sometimes it can look like I am rude or arogant. But that is not reallity, I really respect all you guys and everything you do

yes it matters, i know how it works, but all i am saying 1.2bar is 1.2 bar Smiley hot air is still air Tongue
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 04:57:30 PM »

But for now the car is running realy fine. I know that is not by all rules, but if is it working why is so neccesery to do it?

Sorry but i dont get it?

Your car is definitely NOT running fine, from the looks of your logs. I would not drive it.

ECUx Plot

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »

In future i have plan to calibrate MAF and MAP. When I have enought time and knowledge to do it. But for now the car is running realy fine. I know that is not by all rules, but if is it working why is so neccesery to do it?

Sorry but i dont get it?

if its worked then why you start the topic?
its a primary load inputs and in your case theyre should be calibated fine

170gs its a typical k03 limit
youre basically running some kind of st1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: