Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Boot mode not possible on ME7.5 (Infineon CPU)?  (Read 82561 times)
overclockedpc

« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2015, 12:14:36 AM »

Just confirmed that the above photo method does work. A 10k resistor shorting the two pins of the flash chip will enable boot mode. The resistor must stay in place during the entire process.

The easiest way is to probably wire a switch and a 10k resistor and solder it in place for future use.
turtlemann14

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2019, 03:32:40 PM »

can someone explain to me why we use pin 24(QD4 listed as a input/output) and 32(ground) with a resistor on that chip to boot mode it rather than the 44(RESET#) pin

data sheet for AM29F800BB-70SI
https://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/55524/AMD/AM29F800BB-70SI/290/5/AM29F800BB-70SI.html

page 5 has pinout
page 8 has information on reset.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 04:01:17 PM by turtlemann14 » Logged

2002 a4 b6 AMB 1.8t quattro
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »

can someone explain to me why we use pin 24(QD4 listed as a input/output) and 32(ground) with a resistor on that chip to boot mode it rather than the 44(RESET#) pin

data sheet for AM29F800BB-70SI
https://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/55524/AMD/AM29F800BB-70SI/290/5/AM29F800BB-70SI.html

page 5 has pinout
page 8 has information on reset.

Resetting the flash chip has nothing to do with bootmode.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
speed69

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2019, 08:40:27 AM »

I've bricked my ECU while doing differencial download and thanks god I achieved bring it back online, I managed to solder a switch and left it outside the ECU case. I've done the proper insulation to avoid humidity.

My question is, while engine running if accidentaly the key switch toggle to bootmode, is possible to turn off ECU and stop the car and maybe cause an accident?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2019, 09:38:29 AM »

Yes, it is possible the ECU will crash and reboot.

The engine may stop.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TeknoFi

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2021, 10:53:39 AM »

Saw this picture somewhere.... could this be right? I've never seen jumping pins on the flash with a resistor before, it's always been a single pin to ground.

Hello, i have 06a906032hj and this helped me. I did not solder resistor, but simply wire it from pin24 (bootmode pin) to my battery earth. then used ME7EEPROM.exe to read eeprom successfully.

however, i cant write it back after removing immo (with Eepromtool_04), because ME7EEPROM says:

Starting Boot_Mode ... uC ID Response 0xAA. Unknown ID. (error=0x40201).

what does that mean?
TeknoFi

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2021, 11:00:31 AM »

nevermind. unpowering and powering ecu did the trick
taurus

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2023, 08:15:07 AM »

Hello,

Is this the correct way to boot ME7.5 (BH) with Infineon chip? This ecu has been modified in the past and currently KLINE(OBD) is not working, but when the ecu is installed to the car it works normally. I would like to restore this ecu to stock including eprom 95040. I do not know what has been done to it, but I believe that KLINE is disabled on purpose somehow.

Thank you.
taurus

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2023, 03:58:59 AM »

Hi,

That did not work.

Does anyone have experience with non working KLINE? I cannot ID the ecu and it is impossible to make it to boot mode. As I said earlier the car works normally when the ecu is installed to the car. But OBD does not work, diagnostics does not work.

Is there any alternative place where I could get KLINE on bench?

Can it be possible that the ecu hardware is modified to prevent reading and flashing?

Can eprom cause all this? Can eprom disable engine diagnostics, kline and boot mode?

Is it possible to install blank 95040 and test with that?

This ECU had "extra" tuning chip in the past, but it is removed. 

Please help.

Thanks.
Geomeo

« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2023, 05:06:33 AM »

Check the Kline  wire to your ecu is on the correct pin.  Also make sure the ecu is getting all its powers.
taurus

« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2023, 07:34:20 AM »

Check the Kline  wire to your ecu is on the correct pin.  Also make sure the ecu is getting all its powers.
43 KLINE
2 GND (also tested 1 and 2 GND)
3 +12V
62 +12V

Tested also:
21 +12V
121 +12V

24 <- 10k -> 32
24 to GND (using different timing)
24 to GND with resistor

I have tested many different pinout combinations and that is the reason why I am asking for help. I do believe that the ecu is modified somehow to block boot mode or kline. This ecu had extra circuitboard/flashboard before but it has been removed and 29F800BB with stock flash has been soldered to its place. I have no more information, just the fact that it had tune before. I do not know who did it in the past.

I really would like to solve this and make it completely stock with working obd/kline. I also would like to know if it is possible to replace the eprom with other and what needs to be done to the replacement eprom.

Using suggested pinout KLINE should at least work, right?

Thanks in advance.
Geomeo

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2023, 04:05:32 PM »

43 KLINE
2 GND (also tested 1 and 2 GND)
3 +12V
62 +12V

Tested also:
21 +12V
121 +12V

24 <- 10k -> 32
24 to GND (using different timing)
24 to GND with resistor

I have tested many different pinout combinations and that is the reason why I am asking for help. I do believe that the ecu is modified somehow to block boot mode or kline. This ecu had extra circuitboard/flashboard before but it has been removed and 29F800BB with stock flash has been soldered to its place. I have no more information, just the fact that it had tune before. I do not know who did it in the past.

I really would like to solve this and make it completely stock with working obd/kline. I also would like to know if it is possible to replace the eprom with other and what needs to be done to the replacement eprom.

Using suggested pinout KLINE should at least work, right?

Thanks in advance.
You're probably going to want to check the schematic in Bentley/Workshop manual.  If you are 100 percent sure your wiring is correct and that you've checked another k-line module like abs or trans is working with your setup.  I think trans is hex 02 then it is likely that you will need another ECU to troubleshoot with.  If someone has hacked chips on the board that sounds like a lot of work.  People get very protective of their info if they put a lot of work to it.  It would seem kind of silly to remove the K-Line diagnostics though.  Anyway I doubt the information you're looking for would be shared.  Also anyone that knows how to tune a Bosch me7 ecu around here follows the wikis4 tuning page.  I don't think it say in their to change chips and block off k-lines.
taurus

« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2023, 12:03:38 PM »

You're probably going to want to check the schematic in Bentley/Workshop manual.  If you are 100 percent sure your wiring is correct and that you've checked another k-line module like abs or trans is working with your setup.  I think trans is hex 02 then it is likely that you will need another ECU to troubleshoot with.  If someone has hacked chips on the board that sounds like a lot of work.  People get very protective of their info if they put a lot of work to it.  It would seem kind of silly to remove the K-Line diagnostics though.  Anyway I doubt the information you're looking for would be shared.  Also anyone that knows how to tune a Bosch me7 ecu around here follows the wikis4 tuning page.  I don't think it say in their to change chips and block off k-lines.
Ok, thanks. I need to find the schematic. Yes at this point I am 100% sure that the wiring is correct and I have tested lots of different variations. Abs and trans is working.

I am not familiar where such modifications can be made to block engine kline. I am planning to replace eprom. I guess I need programmer to do it. Problem is I cannot read original using boot mode. Pin code needed? Also thinking swapping flash to be sure.

I have also tested without boot tricks to test if it is in constant boot mode or something like that. Is it possible that some odd pin is grounded to make it to go "wrong mode" to block reading?

Somehow the kline is blocked, I do not know what magic do they use to protect their work.

Ecu model: 8N0 906 018 BH

I do want to solve this one day.

Thanks.
prj

« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2023, 12:06:50 PM »

Replacing eeprom or flash is a waste of time.

Bootmode works even without the chips soldered in, it's a feature of the processor.
If the processor does not go into boot, then most likely there's a broken trace or the processor input is fried.

Get a different ECU and stop wasting your time.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
taurus

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2023, 12:31:57 PM »

Replacing eeprom or flash is a waste of time.

Bootmode works even without the chips soldered in, it's a feature of the processor.
If the processor does not go into boot, then most likely there's a broken trace or the processor input is fried.

Get a different ECU and stop wasting your time.
If I want the remove eeprom or flash and test boot mode it is safe to do so? Just for my peace of mind.

When I have the information that this ecu has been tampered(you can also see it), maybe I could use heat gun to re-solder the important bits?

How about swapping processor?

What ecu models can be used as replacement if I decide to give up one day?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: