Pages: [1]
Author Topic: hp tuners for vag cars.  (Read 4821 times)
_nameless

« on: March 21, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »

Hp tuners recently added a bunch of vag cars to their list of compatible cars. Has anyone used up tuners for vag stuff yet?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:09:11 PM by Marty » Logged

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Nebro

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 11:36:14 PM »

I have, seems good to me but me not too good... lol But I have made some changes and made felt it. but have no real clue if the program works well with VW's. I'm still trying to delete the EGR but everything I try kills the car
Nebro

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 11:42:35 PM »

I have, seems good to me but me not too good... lol But I have made some changes and made felt it. but have no real clue if the program works well with VW's. I'm still trying to delete the EGR but everything I try kills the car
Brainfarted and thought it said Tunerpro IDKy
vwbr3nt

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »

Hp tuners recently added a bunch of vag cars to their list of compatible cars. Has anyone used up tuners for vag stuff yet?
Seems to only be 2008 2.0L TFSI and newer models https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/
justinvw2646

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 10:15:35 PM »

You ever end up doing anything with HP tuners Marty?? I have a 2002 GTI that I have enjoyed learning with.....and I bought a 2011 GTI for my son, which obviously means all of the interface/hardware for reading/writing my 2002 won’t work. I’m not terribly keen on the clone tools out there as it seems like there is a ton of negative stuff on here about them. Given that at this time all I really want to do with his car is reduce max engine rpm and max vehicle speed. I really can’t begin to justify thousands for a legit kess or ktag. Good grades and driving record = more HP  Grin
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 10:20:36 PM by justinvw2646 » Logged
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 12:59:23 PM »

You ever end up doing anything with HP tuners Marty?? I have a 2002 GTI that I have enjoyed learning with.....and I bought a 2011 GTI for my son, which obviously means all of the interface/hardware for reading/writing my 2002 won’t work. I’m not terribly keen on the clone tools out there as it seems like there is a ton of negative stuff on here about them. Given that at this time all I really want to do with his car is reduce max engine rpm and max vehicle speed. I really can’t begin to justify thousands for a legit kess or ktag. Good grades and driving record = more HP  Grin
i have and personally i dont like it lol. unless you already own the mpvi2 thats $350 plus your licences (another $275) and thats only so you can edit that car and nothing else. (unless you buy more credits to unlock other cars) buy clone ktag it works fine for this gen car, i do many on a weekly basis without issue. ktag would require opening the ecu to get a read from it but it also gives you the ability to have a complete backup. nmax is the acronym for engine speed and vmax is for vehicle speed.  if you have any further questions start a new thread topic in the flashing and chipping section or feel free to pm me. Also just to add if you wanna get another ecu from the same year and engine code i can make the changes to that for you and mail it back just pay for shipping.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: