Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quattro on a B5 1.8t Passat  (Read 4042 times)
Jonny-5

« on: March 23, 2019, 04:53:58 PM »

Hi
I have a Passat that’s not very fast at take off so decided I want to put the quattro system onto it. There’s A4s out there with 1.8t quattro so the hardware sides covered. On the ecu side of things not so much. Does anyone know what the best way to map the quattro system into my ecu. So far I’ve got to cross flashing the a4 quattro ori but the software numbers look way out so haven’t tried yet. The only thing I can come up with is copying map data into my existing map. Not even sure if that’s possible so if anyone knows if it is or an easier way to do it it would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Jonny-5
BlackT

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:43:48 PM »

I have quattro car with FWD ecu. No problems so far
Jonny-5

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 05:54:26 PM »

Thanks for reply. So the 1.8t can deal with extra load effectively? Has it increased amount of time at full boost? Also is it quicker at take off than it was

Cheers
Jonny-5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Aardschok

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 10:01:57 PM »

Forgive my ignorance...

If it's not a haldex, why would you need to touch the ECU at all?
cessnas

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 01:45:28 AM »

The torsen Quattro is purely mechanical. You don't need to change the ECU at all
mdz

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 03:41:31 AM »

Passat uses C5 A6 rear end, completely different than B5 A4.  Roll Eyes
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 04:17:32 AM »

Hi
I have a Passat that’s not very fast at take off so decided I want to put the quattro system onto it. There’s A4s out there with 1.8t quattro so the hardware sides covered. On the ecu side of things not so much. Does anyone know what the best way to map the quattro system into my ecu. So far I’ve got to cross flashing the a4 quattro ori but the software numbers look way out so haven’t tried yet. The only thing I can come up with is copying map data into my existing map. Not even sure if that’s possible so if anyone knows if it is or an easier way to do it it would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Jonny-5
You do realize that fwd has no provisions for awd right? You'll need to cut the pan out of a passat 4 motion or a c5 a6. Also nothing from a b5 audi will fit. Judging by how naive your post is I'm gunna say just buy a 4 motion passat.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Jonny-5

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 01:36:47 PM »

You do realize that fwd has no provisions for awd right? You'll need to cut the pan out of a passat 4 motion or a c5 a6. Also nothing from a b5 audi will fit. Judging by how naive your post is I'm gunna say just buy a 4 motion passat.
hi the sub-frame on the rear will be changed as well as gearbox. the reason i was looking into the map would be down to physics as 4 wheels are harder than  2 to get turning. its more a case of fine tuning the map to deliver the power efficiently with the extra load

as for buying a 4motion where would be the fun in that
BlackT

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »

hi the sub-frame on the rear will be changed as well as gearbox. the reason i was looking into the map would be down to physics as 4 wheels are harder than  2 to get turning. its more a case of fine tuning the map to deliver the power efficiently with the extra load

Ecu export 150 hp to crank. How much you lose tru transmision ECU doesent care. So when you put quattro you will have slower car.
mysman

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 06:31:48 PM »

Not sure you understand. It's not just the "sub-frame", its the entire uni-body platform that is different at the rear. And not just the hardened mounting points. The shock towers and bracing are all different. Chances are the exhaust, fuel tank(s), spare tire well, and truck sheet metal will be all different.
Freddwood

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 06:45:30 AM »

Why not buy a 4 Motion Passat instead and swap things over?
As mentioned before converting the whole Quattro system over to an Passat is quite difficult even though I would love to see someone doing it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: