Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Insert snarky title here  (Read 3109 times)
ILoveGCode

« on: April 15, 2019, 04:05:14 PM »

My handle is as some of my learned friends might deduce machinist related.

About myself:

I have been driving and fixing VAG products the year 2000.
I currently own:
D2 Audi A8 SWB
B6 Audi S4 with the 6mt
Mk7 VW golf TDI
Mk2 VW GTI
D1 Audi V8
OBS F-350 Diesel for when everything above breaks down.

I am a machinist, and make parts for certain things that fly- that’s as specific as I can get.
I am computer literate, and can decipher binary, octal, decimal and hexadecimal number formats, however I need guidance as some of the stuff with these newfangled motronic units is a bit nebulous to me.

I am fluent in G&M code, which doesn’t help me here, as well as C++ which also doesn’t help me here.

I am rusty with FORTRAN and COBOL, also both useless here.

Most of my idiotic posts will be about my B6 S4, as I am involved in a love/hate relationship with it.

All of that being said, the last time I was on an Internet forum was back when the vortex was cool.

Assuming anyone has read this:
Is there a B6 S4 specific area of this forum for information, such as definition files, memory formats, and troubleshooting info.

Initial searches have come back somewhat lackluster.  Mostly people asking the same questions that I have.

My goals are not necessarily to tune my ECU but rather to disable the emissions equipment as OBD emissions are not required where I live and I’m tired of looking at the CEL.
adam-

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:44:30 PM »

If you manage to get the software and read your file, post it here and we can do the rest. Smiley
ILoveGCode

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 01:49:32 AM »

Will do.   I just dug it out of the chastity belt a couple days ago, and will be putting it on my friend’s bench setup later in the week.

We tried to pull the data over the OBD port but it kept coming back with an error suspecting that the ECU had aftermarket tuning on it, as it wasn’t able to read the contents.

I am fairly certain that the car is bone stock. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 06:18:37 AM »

Is there a B6 S4 specific area of this forum for information, such as definition files, memory formats, and troubleshooting info.

Not really, the B6 S4 isn't really worth tuning.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ILoveGCode

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:57:07 PM »

Not really, the B6 S4 isn't really worth tuning.

As you’ve mentioned in many posts regarding the B6. Car has plenty of power as it is.  Would take about $15-20k worth of JHM parts to make “tuning” it worth it.

I’ll sit down with the links you mentioned and study up.

There was something about the vag com cable having a firmware update on the wiki link which I’m afraid I did about a year ago, so my cable may be the problem right from the get.

ILoveGCode

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 02:38:30 PM »

Another person looking for the same stuff as me:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=16057.0title=
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: