Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Getting started with tunerpro  (Read 11486 times)
thefwrs

« on: June 03, 2019, 07:46:29 AM »

This is my first post, been lurking for several years now.
I am stuck on tunerpro and have no Idea how to begin editing the maps. I have figured out bootmode, eeprom flashing via cmd with argdubs tool, ecu flashing/reading with Galetto. Mostly have issues reading and flashing with nefmoto on the bench and have better luck in bootmode. I have figured out me7logger and how to edit definitions for logging. I have done all this thanks to researching nefmoto, Audizine, s4wiki among a pluthera of google searches.

So this is where I'm at. Working on a 03 Jetta Wagon ECU 06A906032LQ to delete sai as it has failed and I'd rather delete it than put a new pump on. It has to pass emissions so I am trying to follow the s4wiki directions to write it out. I installed both versions of tunerpro and tunerpro rt. I have my stock .bin file ripped/pulled. I don't think it's stock though since nefmoto won't do anything with it. I even deleted the immo and still security locked out of it. but that's besides the point.

When I load the bin file in tunerpro, it loads. when I try to import xdf from ecu it just crashes tunerpro. I have made an .ecu file with me7logger that I'm trying to use to no avail. I downloaded definitions provided by argdub  * LP-PL damos.rar and VW Golf LP-PL.kp files. They don't seem to be compatible with tunerpro or I'm doing something completely wrong.
I need someone to give me a walkthrough of the steps I need to go through to create and load the files to tunerpro (me7.5 specific) so I can edit the sai out of the ecu. Once I figure out how to create and load the files into tunerpro I will be able to follow the directions provided to write and tune these ECU's.

I have several VAG cars I am playing with. 1 being my 01 GTI 1.8t with Rods, AEB w/supertech springs, 550 ev14 on 4 bar, ko4xl, 3" turbo back, with a base mafless tune by ssp that has never been properly adjusted, because I can't get Greg or anybody else for that matter to step up and finish it. I know I just need to learn it and do it myself, but this tunerpro issue has me stalled out again.

Not sure how I made the testjetta.xdf file, but I know it's wrong.
But there are the files I'm working with.

'01 GTI 4 wheeled crotch rocket Nothing Left Stock.
thefwrs

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 08:20:18 AM »

First download winols demo or the .kp or .ols files are useless https://www.evc.de/en/download/down_winols.asp

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 05:58:07 AM by thefwrs » Logged

Blazius

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 08:25:14 AM »

Is there a tutorial specific to our ecu's for tunerpro?

Not really, but IMO you should learn WinOls its way better than TunerPro
thefwrs

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 08:33:36 AM »

I would use winols but I don't have it. I ordered it. I have tunerpro as of now as specified in the s4wiki and nefmoto. Just no info really on how to use it with our ecu's

thefwrs

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 08:37:21 AM »

It's like pulling teeth trying find anything useful. There needs to be a sticky on how to apply tunerpro if everybody says to use it. it is essential for us to be able to do anything short of flashing and logging.

thefwrs

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 08:43:57 AM »

Ok just got my winols 2.24 download off ebay. let's see how it works. Or if it works.

Any tips or advice to get started?

thefwrs

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 09:26:02 AM »

Ok just got my winols 2.24 download off ebay. let's see how it works. Or if it works.

Any tips or advice to get started?

Doesn't look like it's going to work. It's some hacked version. Anybody use it?

thefwrs

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 09:32:21 AM »

Does the demo version of winols work for what we need? Or do I need a registered version?

Blazius

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 09:43:17 AM »

Hacked version .. works. Demo version of WinOls works fine too but you cannot save or do checksum however its good for finding maps for example.

Start by watching a WinOls guide first. Starting with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6AAh_Vgf5A

This will give you basic info about interface etc.
thefwrs

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 10:01:45 AM »

Hacked version .. works. Demo version of WinOls works fine too but you cannot save or do checksum however its good for finding maps for example.

Start by watching a WinOls guide first. Starting with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6AAh_Vgf5A

This will give you basic info about interface etc.

Thank you. will start there.

thefwrs

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »

Where do I find these values to disable sai? MSLUB (0x1A698)
MSLBAS (0x183CC)

My guess is that is mbox and does not correlate to my ecu.

Blazius

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 10:45:28 AM »

Where do I find these values to disable sai? MSLUB (0x1A698)
MSLBAS (0x183CC)

My guess is that is mbox and does not correlate to my ecu.

yes those are S4 ecu adresses. Do you have a 512kb or 1mb flash ? You need to find a full /partial mappack for a similar bin to yours , and use a hex comparer to get the rough section where the map is located. After that you need to go 2D mode in WinOls and find the map yourself. OR the other thing you can try is crossflashing a fully defined bin,make sure you got bootmode ready for this.
thefwrs

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »

yes those are S4 ecu adresses. Do you have a 512kb or 1mb flash ? You need to find a full /partial mappack for a similar bin to yours , and use a hex comparer to get the rough section where the map is located. After that you need to go 2D mode in WinOls and find the map yourself. OR the other thing you can try is crossflashing a fully defined bin,make sure you got bootmode ready for this.

it's me7.5 and from what I understand, it's 800BB 1mb flash. LOL bootmode ready! I found someone else looking for the same files for the same ECU hence the lp-pl files I included in my original post.
Shouldn't the Damos file I posted work?
I got it to open the hex dump. Not sure where to go from there?
I'm not going to flash anything I edit to the ecu until I'm sure it's right.
When I compared the maps there was over 3000 differences.

thefwrs

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »

it's me7.5 and from what I understand, it's 800BB 1mb flash. LOL bootmode ready! I found someone else looking for the same files for the same ECU hence the lp-pl files I included in my original post.

I suspect the ecu to be tuned giac, apr or something commercial considering all the issues I've had reading or accessing the ecu. The car runs neck and neck with a stage 1+ tuned Passat but appears all stock. Anybody able to confirm this?

Blazius

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 11:42:45 AM »

Thats okay, when you open a fully defined bin/mappack in WinOls you can see the starting adresses of the  maps next to the map name like so :

so you type this in your Hex comparers search bar , make sure the set search to run on the right bin( the defined one).

After this you will get the adress for your bin for the location. IF your cursor for the comparer lands on an "empty" area just click to the nearest value and use that adress in WinOls search bar.

The right adress is for the defined bin , and the left adress is for my bin. Now you go back to WinOls and search for this adress. (Ctrl+G)
If your software is similar your land right on the starting adress or on one of the map values. To see this you go 2D mode in WinOls and see if the graph looks like the map you are looking for. You need to watch that vid I posted earlier to get the basics of defining maps , axes , and values/ factors etc.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: