Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.0 golf 5 (naturally aspirated) I’m a noob who needs guidance  (Read 3996 times)
Dada

Hi, so I have a golf 5 (2007) naturally aspirated 2.0. I know these are kinda rare on the tuning scene as no turbo means little gains but I am hoping to improve performance. Have had resonator delete and cai installed . I’m total noob with long coding but what could be done fairly simply to compensate for these changes ?  Thanks from South Africa
adam-

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 01:49:59 AM »

Nothing at all.
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 02:51:19 AM »

is it ME7? If you plant to turbo it you have a couple of options.
Regardless though you have to change a lot of maps, however the most time consuming thing would be is finding maps.. 99% there is no mappack for that NA engine/ecu.

So anyway:

1. Underscale MAF

If you take this route you need to underscale MAF to get ur actual load between 0-100% , this is good because you can keep the stock ecu functionality, but you need to change a lot of stuff, except axes , which is a pro in itself. KFMIOP/irl, kfped, LAMFA,injector maps if you change them, if FSI injection, more fueling request etc.

2. CWMDAPP mode with pedal control over DK

This is good because you can essentially get a DBC pedal and no intervention via torque monitors. However you still need to disable these monitors as they will put you in limp because there is no intervention. KFMIZUFIL / UOF maxed and done. You need to change KFMIOP/KFMIRL/KFPED etc. here too plus some axes as your actual load will go above 100%, but fueling follows actual load. There is a cap on requested load because of a software constant. You can find this limit in disassembler and change it if you want your requested load to go above 100% but in this mode it doesnt matter. What you need to get right is torque/load request matched to actual load, because you need to fuel via LAMFA when you hit boost areas ( 100% + load), because 95% BTS maps are disabled in NA soft.
Need to change timing maps too since you got higher compression and boost , you dont want to fuckup the engine Smiley
 if you set CWMDAPP correctly you will still retain the torque side of things via timing, which is good because you can control idle + when you put load on car in indle, say lightts on or AC on.If you do things right you can pretty much get the same experience as stock ecu.

If you need more info , write here.
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 05:47:11 AM »

Hi, so I have a golf 5 (2007) naturally aspirated 2.0. I know these are kinda rare on the tuning scene as no turbo means little gains but I am hoping to improve performance. Have had resonator delete and cai installed . I’m total noob with long coding but what could be done fairly simply to compensate for these changes ?  Thanks from South Africa
resistors will keep open circuit codes from showing them self's. unfortunately it wont keep the cel off for testing. post your file and ill see what i can find

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
IamwhoIam

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 09:23:31 AM »

resistors will keep open circuit codes from showing them self's. unfortunately it wont keep the cel off for testing. post your file and ill see what i can find

Lol he's talking about a RESONATOR (exhaust muffler) delete, not resistor delete Smiley

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
IamwhoIam

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 09:24:11 AM »

Because you're in South Africa and you can only get 95 RON at the pump, there's absolutely NOTHING AT ALL you can do, especially not when it comes to long coding lol.

_nameless

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 11:45:47 AM »

Lol he's talking about a RESONATOR (exhaust muffler) delete, not resistor delete Smiley
Oh. Yep missed that. Op, can you still upload your file please?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
IamwhoIam

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 04:54:55 PM »

Oh. Yep missed that. Op, can you still upload your file please?

Lol how much do you wanna bet he doesn't have it?

osvandre

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 03:21:38 AM »

this discussion is one of the reasons I’m here on the forum trying to understand the basics (=

I live in Brazil and here it is normal to perform reprogramming on naturally aspirated vehicles, there are some reasons to do this but most of the tuners that I call xuner here, are not able to do much.

Brazil goes through certain seasons of fuel composition, this alone is a reason to adjust the calibration, the gains are minimal but the behavior of the car can be customized to be more aggressive giving the impression of more power, in certain ranges it even acquires some horses powers, makes driving more enjoyable.

There are factors that can be exploited when there is any physical modification, such as a rework of the head, a more aggressive cam shaft, a non-restrictive exhaust, high flux intake, which certainly does that wants to improve the control parameters.

https://s4wiki.com/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 10:45:25 PM »

Not worth the effort, which is why you won't see too much discussion of N/A tuning.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: