Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Car ran on first start up but ecu won't respond after switching off and retrying  (Read 2594 times)
Slug

Hi everyone, after using me7 flasher to upload a new file, the car started up and ran fine, however... after switching off and trying to restart, it doesn't want to play.

Here's a bit of background, starting from the beginning;

The file was previously edited using Winols and was read from my ECU using MPPS (using equipment belonging to a friend) At a later date I used Tunerpro to make a few changes and sent it back to my friend for the checksums sorting.
I then used ME7 Flasher to write the file. The flash completed successfully and the car started up and ran fine. I switched the car off, but the car wouldn't re-start.

The engine light doesn't illuminate when you switch the ignition on and Me7 Flasher won't connect under any circumstances.

It's probably going to need recovering on the bench but I'd like to know where I went wrong, so as to avoid this problem again.

ECU info 8N0906018H (0004)
Used memory layout 29F800BB

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

bad checksum
Slug

Yeah, that was my thought also but why would it start and run fine until it was switched off?

Could it be something to do with getting the checksums fixed elsewhere?
316LV

Fukenbroken is right. As for why it will start once... I don't know. I've had it start twice with a bad checksum in the past. Maybe not all areas are checked all the time?

Go ahead and give me negative karma... I don't care if you like what I post princess.
Slug

OK, thanks Gents.
I'll recover the ECU and have another go with it.
adam-

Not all checksums are calculated first time.  It'll generally start once then fail the next time. 

Also checksum every file before you flash to stop this.  You'll need bootmode.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: