Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Me7Log issues.  (Read 9913 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2019, 08:41:58 AM »

I've been thinking about this load problem. It was my understanding that load was determined by mass air flow and relative manifold pressure. Does that mean I could be looking at a MAF problem, not seeing all the air that's coming in?

Yep, that is the most likely problem but you'd see fueling problems too (you should be running very lean if unmetered air is getting in)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SlashProm

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 10:47:07 AM »

The car is going really well though so it's quite surprising. My target AFR's looked fine on the log but injector duty cycle was spiking as bts was kicking in, I just put this down to maxing out the injectors by asking for too much boost.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 10:51:58 AM »

Do you have a stock MAF sensor in the stock intake?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SlashProm

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »

Stock MAF in stock housing. Silicone TIP and pod filter. I cleaned my MAF about 2 months ago. No fault codes and no issues, still spins the wheels into second if you hit it hard enough.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 10:55:32 AM »

I guess just chalk up the very low load to exhaust restrictions and TIP

You'll probably want to pull timing accordingly, or maybe you have a bad batch of gas

ECUx Plot

SlashProm

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 11:00:00 AM »

It's got a 3" decat downpipe and back box delete. So I've opened it up a bit. It's leaking on a join near the back but I doubt this would adversely effect a turbo engine. 

Maybe the maf is degraded but not quite out of spec, either way it was perfect in stock form. I'll give it another clean and log maf values in vcds after I put the stock map back on. I'll keep you updated.

PS: I'll check the tip out as well, just in case it isn't seated on the turbo properly. I know this can be a good source for unmetered air, thanks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:37:08 AM by SlashProm » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 04:00:30 AM »

Your MAF reads 125g/s with 1800mBar at peak RPM, if you haven't touched any of the MAF calibration values, you should know it's FUCKED. Stock MAF readings on an AUM are around 130-135g/s. You should be able to see this by looking at short term fuel trims on the stock file, and LTFTs should give it away too. That's what happens when you're a n00B and know nothing and think you can just go and mess with stuff and MAKE POWAR.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
SlashProm

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 07:13:48 AM »

Not sure how that comment is supposed to be helpful. Like you said yourself I haven't touched the maf. And I've picked up that the readings are low. The changes I've made will make more power. I'm adding boost and targeting richer afrs. So I'm not sure how I'm a noob who is messing with the wrong files because I'm new to logging.

If my maf is bad or I'm sucking in unmetered air then I'll work from there. But my lack of experience at tuning has nothing to do with a maf issue.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 07:15:59 AM by SlashProm » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2019, 08:45:13 AM »

Again, the question is why the problem isn't visible in the trims.

ECUx Plot

SlashProm

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2019, 09:26:02 AM »

I've just checked the TIP and it's nice and tight on the turbo inlet, so it's not an intake leak after the maf. Not getting any codes on VCDS but I know these things can go bad before they go out of spec. I haven't had a chance to take it out and log again because I'm at home full time with my daughter during the week. I'll keep you updated.

@Nyet, I didn't think I'd logged LTFT's and STFT's on my run, are you saying that they look ok from what you can see?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2019, 09:34:14 AM »

You don't need to log them, you can just read them in VCDS with the ignition on.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=837.msg7863#msg7863
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=837.msg8043#msg8043

LTFT
Group 032: 001F (rkat_w), 0021 (fra_w), 0020 (rkat2_w), 0022 (fra2_w)

STFT
Group 033: 001C (fr_2), 0025 (usvk ), 001D (fr2_w), 0026 (usvk2 )

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:57:38 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

IamwhoIam

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2019, 11:33:13 AM »

Jeeeeeez, someone shoot me now

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
SlashProm

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2019, 12:21:49 PM »

There is a reason I've posted in n00b questions. This is my first time logging a car. Obviously there is an issue with load which I'm addressing now. I'm not sure why your being so negative.

I've done a lot of work to the car and I'm not seeing any fault codes. It starts first time and idles fine and pulls very well. I wouldn't even know there was a problem if I hadn't logged the car in the first place. But your making out like it's because I'm new to tuning and don't know what I'm doing?

I'm working under the assumption that the maf is degraded, I've taken it out for a clean but it might just be on it's way out. I did pick up that my maf readings were low. All I know is take maf and divide by 0.8, I have since been informed by Nyet that this is a bad way to calculate it, but it would at least give me a rough estimate, and I expected to see 200 or so g/s. I realise that 145 g/s is lower than what stock would be putting out. I didn't think I had a problem because the car is going at least as well as it used to and I can hear more boost. I now realise that it will be making more boost with less timing and is probably around the same as it was before mapping. I'm also going back to stock until I get this maf reading sorted. Lesson learned. Getting there with the logs.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:36:04 PM by SlashProm » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2019, 01:12:37 PM »

Don't get discouraged, this should be easy to diagnose. Start with posting LTFTs and try different MAF sensors if you can.

ECUx Plot

SlashProm

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »

I wont. I know I'll get there, I'd just rather be back at stock if I'm running lean. I've given the MAF a good clean, I don't mind getting a new one if needed I just know there are expensive as it's not something you cheap out on Smiley

When I got the car it had been neglected and the coolant system was bodged, I've had the head skimmed and put it all back together with new timing kit and hoses, upgraded aluminium coolant flanges, the works.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 01:49:38 PM by SlashProm » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: