Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Skoda Octavia vRS 1.8T | AUQ | Stage 2 remap - help needed  (Read 33040 times)
seeeeergiu

« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2019, 02:47:04 AM »

use the ldrxn values provided by mutzicu to create a smooth boost pressure desired graph.
this should result in a smoother wastegatedutycyle and a smoother maf curve.
post a picture of your current maf mounting

try to log with cooler outside temperature to hot hit 50degree celsius and not have 95 water.
when this is done try to solve part protection egt.
Hello,
Thanks for the suggestions! Here are some pics of my MAF location.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqd1k21nuj1sz4x/20190419_170630_HDR.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xr9rrkox2phbczr/20190419_170646_HDR.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/seu0dxxv1k6y7pm/20190419_170720_HDR.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u98zxs5ivzqzgy1/20190531_165348_HDR.jpg?dl=0
I would say its very very close to the original position. Piping is ~same length, kinda the same shape, only smoother and larger diameter.
I`ve ordered an AFR gauge (just to be safer during logging) which should arrive this week and meanwhile i will put back the OEM injectors just to check if i have the same high-speed issue.
I`ll keep you guys posted in case someone else comes across this issue.
If someone has other suggestions, please feel free to comment Smiley
seeeeergiu

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2019, 06:01:54 AM »

Okay, so i`ve narrowed down my searches. Issue seems to be due to my fueling thats getting capped out.
I`ve installed an AEM AFR gauge and at WOT & high speeds, AFR goes down to like 9.3:1.
This is because of my BTS fuelling. I`m hitting relatively fast the 940 Grad C in FBTABGM and my min value in KFLDBTS is 0.75. So its following that from like 5500rpm in 4th gear.
But i left KFDLBTS active which comes into play aswell and lowers the requested lambda way more than the 0.75 that the car sensor can read.  (i`ve saw like 9.X:1 values on the AFR gauge).

How do you guys advise to proceed further?
1. Deactivate KFDLBTS (0 out the table, BTS fueling will only follow KFLBTS, req lambda no lower than 0.75...so enough fuel to avoid the issue of fuel starvation). But i saw in a post of prj, that is strongly inadvisable to run without this protection.
2. Improve the ignition angle efficiency (detazwbs) to avoid triggering KFDLBTS. But i dont know much about this...
3. Mess with EGTforPartProtection to avoid triggering FBTABGM in the first place.
This are the only options that come into my mind, if there`s another propper way to do it, please let me know!

I`ve attached a set of logs with my current map.

mutzicu

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2019, 07:29:23 AM »

You're running in a vicious circle here as the 4th stroke can't evacuate properly due to he fact the k03 is a small turbo. Pressure accumulates, can't properly flow out the exhaust because of narrow turbo => temp inside cyl increases, turbo getting hotter => IAT gets hotter....

PID is still not very happy following your boost request.
You're still not logging the wkrm. If there's no knock recognition, you can advance the timing more for >5000rpm & >150 load

Use BTS for fuel. IDC is maxed out, you can request 12.5 AFR up to 5000 rpm thn lower it down to 10.5 at the end to save some IDC

In terms of power, I guess you've maxxed out your config
seeeeergiu

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2019, 05:15:35 AM »

I`ll keep updating, maybe someone else needing help is as stupid/stubborn as me and finds my struggle usefull Cheesy
Aiming for a constant 0.82-0.84 lambda and a minimum of 0.76 in worst conditions, tried a new improvement in the map:
-massaged KR tables (KFLAMKRL high load value increased from 0.825 to 0.84)
-massaged BTS tables (lowered KFLDBTS values a little, lowest value of KFLBTS is now 0.775 lambda)
-rised the high load /over 3000rpm values of KFZW a little ( 0.75 - 2.25 more)

Results are positive:
-EGTforPartProtection follows the same profile as before although AFR is higher overall
-acceleration feels smoother
-max IDC in wot 4th gear is 90%
-previously found issue (hesitation at high speeds) not encountered anymore so far.
-however, i got -3deg timing pull on cyl2 right after spooling point which i guess its ok, i only want to improve the time/steps it takes to recover from it.

Next thing to tackle:
- BoostPressureDesired low point at about 3500-3600rpm
- BoostPressureActual oscilations from 2750rpm(e.g. in these logs) to about 5000rpm
*i want my boost to be more liniar, to fill those holes in the picture attached.
Can you guys guide me further? What should i check in order to fix the 2 points above?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 05:37:42 AM by seeeeergiu » Logged
seeeeergiu

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2019, 12:32:24 PM »

Hello guys,

I`m still struggling with the oscillating boost. Found that its easier to spot the issue in 6th gear.
Can you pleeease help me to figure out what`s causing this? Undecided

Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »

Log all boost PID values.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
seeeeergiu

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2019, 01:10:59 PM »

Log all boost PID values.
Are these the ones? Did i miss any of the ones needed?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2019, 01:43:03 PM »

you don't need the adaptation locations (mxa) but ya, those.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
seeeeergiu

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2019, 02:41:10 PM »

you don't need the adaptation locations (mxa) but ya, those.
Done, new set of logs with PIDs is attached.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2019, 03:05:55 PM »

There is something very wrong with your Q2 term, it is completely cutting out, causing a big spike in wgdc when you need it most
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:08:24 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

seeeeergiu

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2019, 03:11:53 PM »

There is something very wrong with your Q2 term, it is completely cutting out, causing a big spike in wgdc when you need it most
If you`re talking about KFLDRQ2, i havent touched that.
Should i post the file that i`m currently running? if it makes things easier...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »

If you`re talking about KFLDRQ2, i havent touched that.
Should i post the file that i`m currently running? if it makes things easier...

hmm no, not needed..

I'm assuming Q0 and Q1 are also stock?

ECUx Plot

seeeeergiu

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2019, 03:16:34 PM »

hmm no, not needed..

I'm assuming Q0 and Q1 are also stock?
Indeed, those are stock aswell.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2019, 03:45:15 PM »

I'd start by increasing Q0, try 25%, 50%, 100% and see what happens. It doesn't look like there is enough P, and there might be too much I

Might also need a bit more Q2, not sure why it is cutting out entirely but some more before the cutout might help
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:49:11 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

seeeeergiu

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2019, 04:19:12 PM »

I'd start by increasing Q0, try 25%, 50%, 100% and see what happens. It doesn't look like there is enough P, and there might be too much I

Might also need a bit more Q2, not sure why it is cutting out entirely but some more before the cutout might help
Damn, i`m way over my head with the boost PID. I`ve read a lot on fueling and timing so far, not much on the PID subject.
Guessing that the 700 hPa line needs attention but still, not sure how to configure it yet, how much and where exactly i should touch Q0 and Q2...
Can you please suggest some specific values? I`m afraid i`ll mess it up and make it even harder comprehend what i read about PID vs. what i see in logs before vs after.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: