Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Request for McLaren ME17.8.3 hex+a2l  (Read 10854 times)
de_F

« on: July 23, 2019, 06:40:54 AM »

Looking for some more information on the Mclaren ecu.
Car itself is a 650S, but any a2l+hex should do.

Any idea where I could source that stuff ?

Greets
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:50:21 PM by de_F » Logged
IamwhoIam

Assuming you *had* the correct data, what would you use to log it? LOL

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

I think they wrote there own med17 logger if i m not mistaken .
de_F

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 11:42:23 AM »

The request for info is/was to finish our McLaren UDS logger.

We traced some variables and their locations (with our own software/logger), but besides some of the obvious ones (rpm, TP,...), it proved too hard to make out what is what of the remaining 100 variables.

Hence the post, to obtain a document to find the factors and names of the variables.

Good news, the FR gave us the info we needed Smiley
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:53:07 PM by de_F » Logged
de_F

I think they wrote there own med17 logger if i m not mistaken .

Yes that is correct, thx Smiley

We got the McLaren UDS Datalogger working, here is a clip.

Datalogging  (reached just over 50Hz with 8 variables, obviously speed drops when asking for more)
https://youtu.be/2K0zTzw6M-Y
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:40:16 AM by de_F » Logged
IamwhoIam

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 02:54:50 AM »

good job!

adam-

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 07:36:59 AM »

good job!

You're a patronising fuck and finally got shot down.  Take a seat.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 12:22:35 PM »

Yeah it's not like I care, I can log a ton more than he can, faster, and I could do it 4 years ago already, LOL. And my "good job" was genuine, you silly fuck.

adam-

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »

Stop being a mouthpiece and show us then.

Show us your logger, your faster sample rates and the last time you revised the logger and actually prove something for once.

You're always going on about how Blazus or whatever his name is talks a power of shite but all I've seen from you is post after post patronising everyone.  PRJ may patronise the shit out of everyone too, but at least he has a reputation of being a tuning hero and brings stuff to the table.
  You on the other hand bring fuck all.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:25:22 PM by adam- » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 02:22:39 PM »

A public github repo would be a good start Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2019, 02:37:15 PM »

Stop being a mouthpiece and show us then.

Show us your logger, your faster sample rates and the last time you revised the logger and actually prove something for once.

You're always going on about how Blazus or whatever his name is talks a power of shite but all I've seen from you is post after post patronising everyone.  PRJ may patronise the shit out of everyone too, but at least he has a reputation of being a tuning hero and brings stuff to the table.
  You on the other hand bring fuck all.

Smiley finally he wakes the hell up hopefully. Even his signature is a troll/sarcasm sentence... anyway

So lets see..

First you(mrwhoyouare) said, even he if manages to get the data, how would he log it( with a massive LOL), BUT if are to believe what you said , that you did this 4 years ago, faster , more variables etc etc, why didnt you set him on the correct path atleast ? Not like sharing your 4 year old tool because that would be too much right, so atleast setting him on the correct path would be a decent decision but nah Smiley) Instead you give him discouragement and a big LOL, so I am glad he said fuck that , imma make it anyway.

Do you see what the issue is ?  Smiley
IamwhoIam

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 03:33:30 AM »

Where have I ever said I had "my own tools"? I said "I could do it 4 years ago" and that includes proprietary OEM tools I have access to. You guys should stick your heads outside of your boxes sometimes....

Blazius

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 04:02:16 AM »

Where have I ever said I had "my own tools"? I said "I could do it 4 years ago" and that includes proprietary OEM tools I have access to. You guys should stick your heads outside of your boxes sometimes....

No, you said : "Yeah it's not like I care, I can log a ton more than he can, faster, and I could do it 4 years ago already, LOL"

LOL, you said that exactly to boast, personality traits aside, the point still stands, you had more experience and knowledge in this area  yet you basically said "you cant do it" , instead of giving a bit of hint atleast.
jurebv

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2019, 02:01:17 AM »

Mclaren MP4-12C  3.8 Turbo Bosch ME17.8.3  - 11M2569CP.01 damos is on the market for a while now

crystal_imprezav

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 09:26:02 AM »

I have a2l/hex, supermappack, function sheets for all McLaren's through P13 (the 570s). Contact me if interested, not cheap. You can also very easily patch in what ever you want to log in $22 with IDA and the a2l for the ram addresses.

I would not waste time on the $22 UDS logger, its too slow and i limited to what McLaren wanted. You can't even log injector timing so you can't come up with IDC's (unless you patch in the code to like I did). I would put the efforts into using CCP where you can log all ram and realtime tune. You need a2l's for that though and also seed/key algo's which I have as well.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: