Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modified Eemprom but cant write file to ECU  (Read 6591 times)
streacy

« on: July 29, 2019, 03:01:04 PM »

Hi,

I am having an issue with my ecu, i needed to change my ecu softcoding (auto to manual swap) but it wouldnt accept codes in vagcom so i adjusted my eemprom with the eeprom tool and it seemed to work well (see image). But now i cannot connect my ecu to any software (vagcom or nefmoto flasher) through OBD2 on a kwp2000 cable so i am assuming my ecu is bricked.

I now have the ecu on a bench setup it will go into bootmode by grounding pin 24 and running eemprom tool on run.exe but will not connect in bootmode in the nefmoto flasher (see image). 

I would like to connect in bootmode to flash a file onto the ecu and get my car back up and running.

Any help would be appreciated
Simon
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 08:07:53 PM »

https://github.com/NefMoto/NefMotoOpenSource/issues/6

"nefmoto bootmode support is not complete."

https://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Flashing_utilities

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
streacy

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 09:23:45 AM »

Thanks for the reply

I will download Galletto and change serial code for lead, is there anything else i need to do get a kkl cable to work using Galletto? (Drivers etc?)

I have changed my eeprom from 10752 to 10712 and if i am able i will flash my ecu to an M box file (ecu has immo disabled prior to this and was flashed to L box), is there anything else i need to change enable my allroad to run with the manual gearbox?

Thanks
Simon
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 09:30:14 AM »

Thanks for the reply

I will download Galletto and change serial code for lead, is there anything else i need to do get a kkl cable to work using Galletto? (Drivers etc?)

I have changed my eeprom from 10752 to 10712 and if i am able i will flash my ecu to an M box file (ecu has immo disabled prior to this and was flashed to L box), is there anything else i need to change enable my allroad to run with the manual gearbox?

Thanks
Simon

s4 mbox or ar mbox?

if s4 you might want to change the gear detection maps.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
streacy

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 01:25:38 PM »

S4 mbox im pretty sure, what is gear detection maps called on the xdf?

I have input my serial number for cable into the hex for Galletto and i am trying to connect to Galletto and all i am getting is "No Interface found"

streacy

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »

S4 mbox im pretty sure, what is gear detection maps called on the xdf?

I have input my serial number for cable into the hex for Galletto and i am trying to connect to Galletto and all i am getting is "No Interface found"

Also im am sure im in bootmode as i am getting readings back in 95040 tool and nefmoto flasher
streacy

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 01:50:34 PM »

Also im am sure im in bootmode as i am getting readings back in 95040 tool and nefmoto flasher

Ok a bit of an update,
Read a post and cannot retrieve the serial number from my cable on m prog so my kkl cable is not going to work. I got a lend of a vcds cable installed virtual drivers from RossTech and have changed the serial number in Galletto. Now a new issue, is giving me boot mode inactive. I have tried it numerous times and exact way i was doing it before.

I tried to get bootmode through the Eemprom 95040 tool but will not read the port. Nefmoto flasher will not giving me anything either. I am sure it’s not the way I’m grounding the pin, I’m thinking the cable or the drivers. Anyway of testing the cable?

Again any help is appreciated
Simon
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 04:28:23 PM by streacy » Logged
streacy

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »

Just an update,

I had to drop my Ecu into a very reputable tuner here in Ireland and he has informed me the Ecu is dead.

I now need to find an Ecu suitable for my 2002 allroad 2.7 ARE engine me7.1

I will open a new thread on what ECUs can be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dilly

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 11:03:05 PM »

pretty sure you need a ft232 based cable for galletto. i never got my first ch based chip cable to work with anything.
if your cable isnt the issue check your connections and voltage source
get your ecu back and keep trying
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: