Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 06A906032HJ stage 1  (Read 5999 times)
enn

« on: August 13, 2019, 01:52:26 PM »

Hi everyone!

First of all, I would like to thank all of You for sharing Your knowledge and experience here.
I thought that I could make everything myself, just using information that I found there, but unfortunately I'm in front of wall..
My biggest problem is language related so despite of amount of the topics and descriptions - I cannot understand everything that I'm reading - lawl  Grin..

So...
I have Audi A4 B5 '99 with Rebuilded AEB block/head running APU (factory engine) modified harness with AUM ecu.
-AEB block/head
-wideband o2
-new type of coils (deleted icm)
-maf from aum
-stock : k03, exhaust / intake / cooler / injectors (but i have prepared 414ccm from saab)

Using information from this forum,
I deleted from ecu :
-SAI
-Second O2
-VVT

The engine is running quite well, no DTC's.

My APU ecu was chipped (it was already when I bought a car), it pushes about 1.1bar from stock k03 (i'm not sure it was healthy for it).
AUM ecu is "stock" and pushes just ~0.6bar. Initially I wanted to copy maps from APU to AUM but bin's are 512k and 1024k so it's impossible.

I would like to make safe stage 1 (but not just copying from auq or something) - something similar to that from APU but maybe not much agressive.

At this moment I'm trying to understand fueling by LAMFA / KFLBTS, I changed LDRXN (like was in APU), and LAMFA (100% to 0.9 and 95-98% to 0.95).

I need keywords (like maps which would be enough to modified) that would help me find information or simplified description of corelation with maps etc. I hope You understand me and someone would try to help me with it. I like to know how things works and after rebuilding engine myself this is the next step.

APU (4B0906018AA 0006)
AUM (06A906032HJ 0002)

I attached my apu.bin and let's say my base map (aum_off.bin) - stock aum with switched off some things.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:59:06 PM »

Use a awm file and def. Turbo dynamics will be close because they are both longitudinal setups. Search the forum for 4b0906018ch, "Rob propane" is the users name that posted the good mappack. Flash the way with a 95040 dump from a b chassis me7.5 car. Awm has no immo so regardless of Eeprom used it will be immo offed

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
aef

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 02:23:56 AM »

read this over and over and try to understand the changes he did because of the comments and logs
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6955.0title=

crossreading everything related to you ecu is always a good idea
site:nefariousmotorsports.com 06A906032HJ

you should google the bosch software number too
enn

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 04:09:52 AM »

Marty, correct me if I'm wrong, You suggest to crossflash 06A906032HJ with 4B0906018CH + EEPROM dump? And then start modifing it.
I tried it before with 06A906032HN or other 180bhp bin's but in most case's the car was cranking but not starting up (without dtc, i already have immo off in 032HJ) - i suppose because of missmatching eeproms? If it is correct that now i will know why some flashes worked fine instead of others.  Smiley

aef, I saw this thread but I will read it again. As I mentioned - because of weak language I understand about 50% of content so i thought working on my ecu and looking how it drive, logging it will give me more practical information that i understand.
I will focus on the first 4 pages, on the fourth page there is a log with nyet comment that is looking good.

Thank You Guys, I have what to analyze and work on.
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 06:49:12 AM »

Hn v2 won't cross flash to hj or hn v1 because the Eeprom. The hn v2 is different not sure why but it will brick if not flashed with the correct Eeprom. The 018ch is a bit more forgiving any 95040 longitudinal Eeprom will work with it. Send me your email in pm I'll shoot you over somthing to start with

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
prj

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 07:01:23 AM »

Changing a version of a file number is NOT cross flashing.

You can always update an older 032HN file to a newer one in fact any older version can be flashed over with a newer one.
It has to be done using the correct protocol of course. But as long as the file number is the same, the version can be updated. This is the very basic principle of VAG control units.

If you use tools that do not follow protocol such as MPPS, then yes you will brick on update. Proper tools don't have this problem.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 12:02:22 PM »

Changing a version of a file number is NOT cross flashing.

You can always update an older 032HN file to a newer one in fact any older version can be flashed over with a newer one.
It has to be done using the correct protocol of course. But as long as the file number is the same, the version can be updated. This is the very basic principle of VAG control units.

If you use tools that do not follow protocol such as MPPS, then yes you will brick on update. Proper tools don't have this problem.
i dont care what tool you use to flash hn v2 to a hn v1 ecu without the hn v2 eeprom youll have about 3 key cylces or less before a brick. im not the only one to experience this.  kess, k tag, mpps real, nefmoto, boot mode or threw the por tidk what software / tool  it will brick. certain me7.5 versions will do this including wideband tt ecu when crossed flashed without the proper eeprom. anything else irreverent youd like to add prj?

prj

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 02:50:15 PM »

i dont care what tool you use to flash hn v2 to a hn v1 ecu without the hn v2 eeprom youll have about 3 key cylces or less before a brick. im not the only one to experience this.  kess, k tag, mpps real, nefmoto, boot mode or threw the por tidk what software / tool  it will brick. certain me7.5 versions will do this including wideband tt ecu when crossed flashed without the proper eeprom. anything else irreverent youd like to add prj?
The factory tool, as it's supposed to be. And no, it will not brick. I have updated HN to newer before through SGO via OBD.
Otherwise every Audi dealership in the world would have bricked these ECU's - but they didn't.

This is the very CORE of the VAG file versioning. You will never brick any ECU going to a higher version with the same file number with the proper tools.
None of the tools you listed flash ME7 correctly.

Cross flashing is different story. That's at your own risk and the factory tool will not do that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:52:06 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
yxx499

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:04 AM »

Very nice said PRJ
adam-

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 12:23:59 AM »

Cross flashing is different story. That's at your own risk and the factory tool will not do that.
Why does it brick?  What isn't changed that causes the brick?

Also have experienced this and couldn't explain why.
BlackT

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 12:34:13 AM »

Maybe bootloader on CPU and flash file have some mismatch
prj

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 05:16:36 AM »

I don't know why it bricks with non-factory tool.
In fact I have experienced myself that some ECU's brick when you flash them over with MPPS with a newer version, others are fine.

But when ODIS is used for the same task, then the flash completes correctly.

Perhaps there is some order of events or some migration procedure called at the end - I don't know.

Log your car properly.
_nameless

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 05:28:31 AM »

Maybe bootloader on CPU and flash file have some mismatch
i dont think so its for sure eeprom and flash related
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:31:01 AM by Marty » Logged

_nameless

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 05:29:52 AM »

prj can you flash a hn v1 to v2 and post the eeprom and flash of before and after please with your factory tool.

prj

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 06:10:31 AM »

If I had all the time in the world I could Cheesy

But I don't, and I am sure I have updated HN to v2 before.

Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: