Pages: [1]
Author Topic: evap test not completing  (Read 2371 times)
dilly

« on: August 13, 2019, 08:26:35 PM »

have a 2.7t m box
no problems other than evap not completing the test.
no dtc's or anything
i do not want to fully disable evap as i want it to be present and function correctly.

have this issue now that i thought about it makes sense. while idling every so often it misfires slightly and i can hear/feel it.
i believe it is the evap test trying to run because when i manually run it in basic settings via channel 70, the valve opens and at about 85-90% it does the misfire stumble deal and resets the test and retries it.
any way to numb this test so evap passes?
SRYTES is already at zero. is this an issue? should it be 255 instead?
dilly

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 01:54:40 PM »

welp finally figured this issue out
feel like an asshole about it too.

today i decided to check my bank 1 tensioner solenoid because it was dead(or so i thought.) so I unscrewed it from the cam adjuster itself and cleaned and tested it to make sure it clicked via 12v and it did click.
so i was reassembling the tensioner and plugging things back in and noticed one electrical connector didnt look as relaxed as the others.
quickly realized as i gazed at bank2 tensioner it had a grey plug not a black one. the bank 1 cam adj plug was plugged into the evap solenoid and evap plug was on cam adjuster. lol
you would think maybe a little more errors would pop up besides a malfunction code just for the cam adj.

plugged everything into respective homes and evap finally runs and completes and cam adj is in spec via vcds(sits around 0)

this explains the cyl 1/2/3 misfires when the evap test tried running because it was actuating the cam adj insted of evap solenoid and how the fuel tank was pressurized from the cam adj circuit opening the evap valve thus letting positive pressure into the tank.

this is why you be careful when picking up a car that someone has thoroughly fucked with

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 03:10:10 PM »

Thank you for the update, stuff like this is super helpful for others!

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dilly

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 03:19:58 PM »

Thank you for the update, stuff like this is super helpful for others!
i chased this for months lmao. it flew right over my head. I guess it took a rainy day getting wet and cold to finally come to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: